I could cry...how do I register my nameserver

Johanna

Have never been with a host with no phone tech support and I'm lost in the woods! I don't know if I can do this!! I may be in over my head.

I'm trying to register my nameservers.
In my WHM under Nameservers it looks like they are registered (the IP numbers are listed there).
But when I try to update them at my registrar it said they aren't registered.
Called my registrar to see if they could register the nameservers but they said my hosting co had to.
I'm looking for "how to register nameservers" but not having luck.

sniff.
Johanna

Have never been with a host with no phone tech support and I'm lost in the woods! I don't know if I can do this!! I may be in over my head.

I'm trying to register my nameservers.
In my WHM under Nameservers it looks like they are registered (the IP numbers are listed there).
But when I try to update them at my registrar it said they aren't registered.
Called my registrar to see if they could register the nameservers but they said my hosting co had to.
I'm looking for "how to register nameservers" but not having luck.

sniff.
Johanna

Welcome to KnownHost!

Registering nameservers is something that has to be done registrar-side, a corresponding server-side config is indeed needed though. Here's a tutorial on how to do it with Namecheap for example: http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/768/10/

Who is your registrar?

Hi Johanna, have you opened a ticket with Support? If you're having trouble setting your new nameservers at your registrar, you can always request someone there to help you with that. They'll be happy to do so! :)