i am totally new to VPS and i feel lost

S

stator

hello everyone,

i was on a shared host but when i transfered to vps i feel somewhat lost.

a first i followed Dan tutorial to create package and accounts and i successed

but i don't know the url of those accounts (i.e. how to reach it via my explorer, until propagation of my domains) but still i can access ftp and upload files also according to Dan thread (logins) so thank you Dan

2nd problem, my old domain when i go its cp to adjust the new name servers it give me this error:
Unable to update nameservers: Registry error, domain's nameservers not updated [Object status prohibits operation]

3rd: my second domain is registered via namecheap - i adjust it to my name server but still not point to anything ??

I hope there is a live chat

plus i can't connect to telnet/ssh

it said: .................refuse connection

it says:
sorry, could not connect: java.net.connectException: connection refused: connect

Good morning stator and welcome to KH!

Ok so it looks like you have created packages and then accounts, good for you! But you are still unable to access them via a browser. Until the domain propagates you (with some possible WHM changes) should be able to access them using http://your.ip.here/~accountname.

To enable this log into your WHM and go to Security Center. Click Apache mod_userdir Tweak. In there uncheck the box that says Enable mod_userdir Protection.

Once your domains propagate you will want to re-enable this as otherwise bandwidth will not be tracked for those accounts.

2nd problem, my old domain when i go its cp to adjust the new name servers it give me this error:
Unable to update nameservers: Registry error, domain's nameservers not updated [Object status prohibits operation]

It doesn't work like that since if you changed name servers with your old host then you would still need that account with your old host. What you need to do is log into your account with your domain registrar (where you register your domains) and create your nameservers there. This procedure is different for each and you should be able to find how to do it in their help section or failing that call them.

3rd: my second domain is registered via namecheap - i adjust it to my name server but still not point to anything ??

Until you do number 2 above you will not be able to change your name servers as they do not exist in the DNS system :)

plus i can't connect to telnet/ssh

it said: .................refuse connection

This error looks like you are trying to use the SSH java client in cPanel. As far as I know that has not ever and will not work with KH because they use a non-standard port. Use putty or something else that allows you to actually enter the port number.

Hope that helps!