HOWTO Create a full plesk backup

ppc

This tutorial will outline how to backup all plesk configuration w/ users, domains, domain contents etc. basically backing up all settings and user data.

This does NOT backup the entire VPS -- meaning, folders outisde of your plesk CP will not be backed up.

The actual backup proccess is quite simple.

1. Log into your server via ssh
2. Run this command: /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --all /backup/pleskbackup

The "backup/pleskbackup" part of the command is telling the backup script to put the backup file in a folder(that I created) called "backup" and the backup file itself should be called "pleskbackup".

What I do is create a cron to run this script once a day. (Creating the cron is quite simple it can be all done in the "scheduled tasks" in the plesk cp with this command as the "command" setting in the cron.)

FYI - After the cron runs I also set up an rsync(a file transfer command) for this backup file to be uploaded offsite to a backup server.

Regards,

So if I understand this correctly...this is plesk only? Its settings, configurations, etc.

Does this grab a full back up of the domains and the content of the domains? I've been looking for a means to schedule backups of my individual domains.

So if I understand this correctly...this is plesk only? Its settings, configurations, etc.

Does this grab a full back up of the domains and the content of the domains? I've been looking for a means to schedule backups of my individual domains.

That is correct. This backup process will backup plesk settings, configurations AND all client data including domains and the content of their domains.

Hello wwwroot,

Step 1 of PPCs original post is log into your server via SSH. To do this on Windows you'll use something akin to Putty.

Plesk 9 Backup Command Has Changed

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server --skip-logs --output-file=<fullpath/filename>

Rod

Recovering Plesk from a Corrupted Drive?

Is there a utility to backup the complete Plesk environment from a mounted drive with a previously installed intact Plesk environment - without it being the current "runtime" environment?

This tutorial will outline how to backup all plesk configuration w/ users, domains, domain contents etc. basically backing up all settings and user data.
[Broken External Image]:http://www.1-imageshack.us/images/images/45.gif
This does NOT backup the entire VPS -- meaning, folders outisde of your plesk CP will not be backed up.

The actual backup proccess is quite simple.

The "backup/pleskbackup" part of the command is telling the backup script to put the backup file in a folder(that I created) called "backup" and the backup file itself should be called "pleskbackup".

What I do is create a cron to run this script once a day. (Creating the cron is quite simple it can be all done in the "scheduled tasks" in the plesk cp with this command as the "command" setting in the cron.)

FYI - After the cron runs I also set up an rsync(a file transfer command) for this backup file to be uploaded offsite to a backup server.

Regards,
Thanks. :)