Discussion in 'cPanel HOWTOs and Tutorials' started by arowana, Apr 7, 2007.
Search the forums and couldnt found any answers.Is there any easy way?
You can switch to mySQL 5.0 in Tweak Settings and fiddle with your PHP installation in Apache Update. If you want an option that isn't covered there then you'll have to do it yourself the old fashioned way.
MySQL and PHP upgrade on cPanel is a very simple process, here is a list of steps that needs to be taken to upgrade these two components:
1. Login to your WHM as root;
2. Go to WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings, scroll down to "MySQL" section, switch radio button to "5.0" and click "Save" at the bottom of the screen;
3. Open root level ssh session to your VPS and run the "/scripts/mysqlup" command, wait until installation will be completed;
4. Login to WHM as root;
5. Go to WHM >> Main >> Software >> Apache Update
6. Click on the "Load Previous Config" button (if exists);
7. Select required PHP version and PHP options that your applications may need;
8. Uncheck the "Skip Apache Build if up to date" option;
9. Click "Start build" button at the bottom of the screen and wait 15-30 minutes.
Thanks KHILTD and Paul for the help.Just upgraded mine successfully.Thank you.
Moved to tutorials forum.
Now if you, like me, and you encountered an error after step 5, where Easy Apache is reporting "Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/easyapache.pl: Please check / usr / local / cpanel / logs / error_log for the exact error."
I'll save you the hassle of doing the same web-scavenging I had to do, and give you the solution that solved this issue that it's not even remotely addressed in cPanel forums. The solution was found at:
All you have to do to fix the problem is
ssh as root into your server and run:
Then run Easy Apache in WHM and continue with the instructions kindly provided by KH-Paul (BTW thanks for the info Paul)
I hope this helps anyone who happens to bump into this Easy Apache problem.
Separate names with a comma.