How to access ssh?

ironmansp

I want to access to my control panel using ssh. How can I do this?
In plesk control panel I can not found to .ssh button

yea, u can use putty. at the moment i use Xmanager Enterprise . its quite cool and has lots of cool options to play with. Best Regards

KnownHoster :D

Tried putty.error conection rejected

I have execute putty with my IP adress, but I always received error conection refused...

any suggestions?

Almost always this occurs because you forgot to change the default port in putty.

Open up putty and when you enter the IP address of your VPS make sure to change the port to 2200.

The port was changed from the defualt for security reasons.

That info should be in your welcome email.

Ok, so say that the "almost always" case is incorrect. I'm using putty, I put in the correct IP and port, but can't connect..

I'm a brand new customer, and I can't seem to get ssh going, or ftp, regardless of what avenue or software I try.. yet I *can* get to VZPP and Plesk's admin pages - but if I try and connect to ssh using either one of those, it also fails. I can also get to my site, but nothing doing on the ftp front, either...

Am I as dumb as I feel right now, or is something broken? Is there somewhere that I'm missing the default FTP port being changed also?

It would be odd not being able to connect if your settings are correct. If you haven't already, I would shoot a ticket to support.

Ok, so say that the "almost always" case is incorrect. I'm using putty, I put in the correct IP and port, but can't connect..

I'm a brand new customer, and I can't seem to get ssh going, or ftp, regardless of what avenue or software I try.. yet I *can* get to VZPP and Plesk's admin pages - but if I try and connect to ssh using either one of those, it also fails. I can also get to my site, but nothing doing on the ftp front, either...

Am I as dumb as I feel right now, or is something broken? Is there somewhere that I'm missing the default FTP port being changed also?

Are you able to test via another machine? If you are able to access via another machine ( not just another machine on your own network) then you may find that some ports are blocked via your firewall / router. I had a user recently who after installing a new adsl router / modem he wasn't able to access ssh or control panel :2083 pages. A quick flick in the firewall settings made it right.

On Windows, you can use PuTTY, this is good for the terminal, and SFTP I suggest winSCP
On Mac, for the terminal, open terminal.app and "ssh -l *username* -p *port* *ip*" this works on Linux too. for SFTP on Mac, I advise CyberDuck

You are probs getting the error because you may be trying to access the wrong SSH port