How do I create a new MySQL database and user with the same name as was on my old hos

Discussion in 'Linux VPS - DirectAdmin' started by BlaKKJaKK, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BlaKKJaKK

BlaKKJaKK New Member

I just moved from a shared host/cPanel. This is my first experience with Direct Admin (selected for less memory load) and dedicated hosting.

Right now I am attempting to restore my Wordpress blog.

Question
    How do I create a new MySQL database and user with the same name as was on my old host?

What I Did
    When I received access to my managed VPS. I was given a default admin login with root access. I used that login to create domain for my registered domain.

All I will be hosting is a Wordpress blog on that domain. I wanted to create a second admin account for that domain so when I create my MySQL database it would have the same name as my old one at my prior host. It just seemed that would make restoring my DB easier.

I created an admin with the same name as on my prior host but when I logged in as that admin and switched to User Level, when I attempted to view the files for that domain using the File Broswer, I could not see the files.

How do I allow the new admin account to have access to the files and to create DB for that domain?

Thanks in advance.

2. BlaKKJaKK

BlaKKJaKK New Member

Apparently it can't be done. After direction from techsupport I ended up deleting that domain and account. And creating the account I wanted as a reseller with the associate domain.