Help me choose the right VPS package -- pretty please?

LJP

Hi KnownHost people,
Here's my situation: I've been with another hosting company for 2 years this month. In that time, my server has been down 13 times and I've had various other issues. Every time the server goes down, they never tell me why, they just respond to the support ticket by telling me everything is back up again. Their support has been rude for no apparent reason, doesn't really fully answer questions. Slow. I'm done.

I think I have way more server than I need, so I'd like help in assessing the best fit for my needs. I understand that things change so I may need to bump things up in the future.

Here are the numbers:

I currently have five domains on my server but I'll be removing one so I'm not counting it.

All sites are WordPress. All are running WP Super Cache.

Total disk space used (all four sites): 12GB

Traffic Numbers:
Unique Visitors (average over Feb, March, & April 2013)
Site 1: 74974
Site 2: 10438
Site 3: 7243
Site 4: 1080

Bandwidth usage on server:
Feb 2013: 155.93 GB
March 2013: 193.35 GB
April 2013: 171.02 GB

When I look at WHM and look at Service Status, I get these numbers:
Server load 0.23 (8 CPUs)
Memory Used 11.9% (249,492 of 2,097,152)

In the Daily Process Log, my top three sites use .78, .56, and .15% of CPU. According to the note at the top of this page, "You have 8 CPUs; therefore, these CPU percentages are divided by 8 to indicate the true percentage of all CPU power used."

I was originally on their Essentials plan for $49 with
60 GB Storage 1 TB Monthly Transfer 768 MB Guaranteed RAM 1.5 GB Burst RAM

I was originally on one of their plans with
60 GB Storage
1 TB Monthly Transfer
768 MB Guaranteed RAM

but I upgraded to my current plan with
90 GB Storage
1.5 TB Monthly Transfer
2 GB Guaranteed RAM
because they told me two things were causing issues on my server:
1. A very high number of failures as a result of memory shortages
2. A high amount of CPU bursting

I can tell from the numbers that I don't need as much storage or bandwidth (transfer) as I have but I'm not sure about the RAM.

It looks like to me that the VPS-4 might be a good fit and maybe I might need to bump to the VPS-5.

What are your suggestions and how do you interpret the numbers I've provided?

Thank you!

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for your input.

Not sure where to find the number of raw hits. I think it might be in the raw access logs but I cannot open the gz file. Tried numerous programs, various problems (won't go into the boring detail...)

Awstats for April 2013 for the busiest of the three sites shows 20,784,448 hits, if that helps.

I'm not sure how to take advantage of APC for wp super cache but that's okay: that's your area :)

I think I'll go with the VPS-4. Should I just go ahead and click the "Order Now" button and step thru the process? There is a domain on the server that I don't want to transfer. I assume I'll be able to communicate with someone regarding the specs of the transfer.

Thanks!

Well, based on that number I'm thinking VPS-5 at minimum. That's a good bit of hits!

I've actually never enabled APC in supercache before. I'm by no means a Wordpress guy...but I can certainly enable APC on your server if you can just configure it in Wordpress :)

If you're coming form a cPanel host, the migration will be pretty smooth.

Jonathan, I know nothing about APC. Never heard it until you brought it up.

I am coming from a cPanel host.

Should I just proceed with selecting the package and go from there?

Yep, we will help you get everything up and running and I'm sure Google can tell us how to enable APC in supercache.