Hello KnownHost! Goodbye Old Host!

phpAddict

Hello Everyone,

I've finally had it with my old provider (Who'll remain nameless *cough* HG) so I've finally decided to make the switch to KnownHost. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not just switching to KH entirely out of need, I've had my eye on KH for several months. I've just been with my old provider for almost a dozen years now and kept expecting their services to return to the good ole' days. Since that's clearly not the case, it's time I find a better company.

KH pre-sales support was unbelievably friendly and supportive. Shout out to Debbie! And, I only hope tech support is as helpful.

So with that I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope I can be of use to you all in the future.

Are there any tips or things I should know about with either KH or my new Dedi?

Thank you!

Thanks. Just completed the migration. Went smoothly. Just a few hiccups that were mostly a result of band-aiding issues with the old host.

Welcome to KnownHost.

I think you'll find your move here to be beneficial, and I think you'll find working with our support staff to be a pleasant experience.

5 years + and counting. Not perfect but close enough to keep me happy. Fantastic Support Team. 99.9% of the time a Support Ticket gets results faster then a phone call would. You will be very pleased with your decision to move to KH. It was the best decision I could have made and continues.

Reviving this thread. I've had some issues with my server on KH. Initially I was assigned IPs that were on many private blacklists (yahoo, aol, and microsoft including msn hotmail live outlook etc.) After much arguing and days going by I was finally able to get new IPs assigned rather than fight with all the email hosts to get removed from their blacklists as that was going nowhere. 2 months later now, the good IPs that were on my server have mysteriously disappeared and the original blacklisted IPs are now assigned to all my sites. :mad: :( What the heck!?!?

Reviving this thread. I've had some issues with my server on KH. Initially I was assigned IPs that were on many private blacklists (yahoo, aol, and microsoft including msn hotmail live outlook etc.) After much arguing and days going by I was finally able to get new IPs assigned rather than fight with all the email hosts to get removed from their blacklists as that was going nowhere. 2 months later now, the good IPs that were on my server have mysteriously disappeared and the original blacklisted IPs are now assigned to all my sites. :mad: :( What the heck!?!?

Bout to reply to your ticket. The server reboot caused cPanel to just magically forget about the IPs because of how they had to be added to route through the secondary NIC.

Thank you Jonathan. Although the IP fiasco was very frustrating, your and the rest of KH's support has been very helpful, and I am greatful for that.

Glad to hear it :) Was just a minor glitch due to the secondary NIC but it won't happen again. The reboot is what triggered it as the manually entered routes weren't saved (sorry I missed that) but they are now.