Getting tons of Excessive resource usage emails

skullz613

Since the last updates I've been hounded with emails regarding excessive resource usage. It happened around the time we started a competition and had large images on the forum so first thought it was traffic causing it.

I always get a few when cpanel does the normal update checks but now its nearly 50 plus a day.

Account: xlnation
Resource: Virtual Memory Size
Exceeded: 503 > 500 (MB)
Executable: /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/
bin/php-cgi
Command Line: /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/bin/php-cgi /home/xlnation/public_html/index.php
PID: 9695 (Parent PID:6551)
Killed: No

I remember the last update having options to enable stuff which was recommended so I went ahead. I'm know starting to think I should of taken more notice at the time.

Go into that account's cPanel, latest visitors, and see if the same IP addresses are hitting your index.php page over and over and over. It sounds to me like you have someone trying to hack your site. Assuming I went to the correct site, xlnation.city, I don't think normal usage would be triggering excessive usage. Report back and let us know if you see a lot of the same IPs hitting that page.

Seems to be tons of spammy IP's. I've blocked the more aggressive ones and will keep an eye on what happens. Most seem to be hitting images, members etc...

Oh and yes that's the correct site.