FTP into Virtuozzo?

gameutopia

Is it possible or how do I FTP into the files I have access to in virtuozzo?

I would like to use a ftp client to ftp with root access to some files and folders, so I can download some of the config files and what not, for backup.

I can download and upload each individually through virtuozzo's file mangager but I have to do each individually which is kind of time consuming.

I am using virtuozzo with whm/cpanel.

I'm not looking to download the whole os or anything, just some of the folders and files I have edited and modified, just incase.

Thanks.
gameutopia

Thanks so much. This was exactally what I was looking for!! I didn't even know such a thing existed, or where to begin looking.

Total time saver.

Just to clarify:

Your not FTP'ing into virtuozzo. KH doesnt allow its customers to access virtuozzo core files. Those files are outside of your VPS. Virtuozzo is the software that powers your VPS that allows virtualization of server node resources to each VPS.

With winscp you will be able to log into root of YOUR VPS and you will be able to see all of your VPS settings etc. including your Cpanel installation.

Regards,

using winscp you can also edit your files using the gui instead of working with vi/pico etc in shell, which i have found to be one of the best things about it. i've never liked vi at all i guess :p

btw.. how come that url code didn't work?

I didn't mean ftp'n directly into virtuozzo, I meant get access to the files we see in virtuozzo file manager with a ftp client type of program was what I was shooting for.

Thanks again for the great software link from Magic and a freebee too. This does exactally what I was looking for.

I didn't mean ftp'n directly into virtuozzo, I meant get access to the files we see in virtuozzo file manager with a ftp client type of program was what I was shooting for.

I actually was looking for the same thing when I got my first VPS.

Winscp works great!

Wow, neat software. Thanks for the link. I didn't even know something like that existed. Will be very handy for me!

If your regular FTP client supports secure FTP you can use that as well rather than WinSCP. If you don't use a full fledged FTP client you really should look into one as they far exceed the generic capabilities of IE or FF.

I use the Filezilla ftp client (it's free) and you can access the files with it. Just change the port number and then servertype change to sftp using ssh2