Fix the contradiction in your Terms of Agreement

RoganSarine

I think I just noticed a contradiction in your Terms of Agreement.

• d) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD. (applies to shared/reseller hosting only).
  • e) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
If we're not allowed to run a program like IRCd on shared or reseller hosting- that would denote that we are able to on a VPS package. Yet the line right under it says your not allowed to run any software that interfaces with IRC network.

So I sent in a support ticket to try to get clarification that if I did purchase a VPS plan, could I use IRCd without infringing your Terms.

Jennifer sent me back a ticket saying "Any kind of IRC related activity (and for sure running of IRC server) isn't allowed on any of our hosting plans."

Doesn't that kind of directly contradict your terms of agreement? Or am I missing something? I'd buy a VPS right now if I was allowed to run IRCd.

RoganSarine,

Thank you for pointing this out. It is definitely a contradiction and we will be fixing our TOS later this evening.

Thanks,
Joel

Joel,

May I ask that you place a "last updated" line on the bottom so we know if/when you guys update it in the future?

Regards,