Excessive resource usage

Penseur

Is this normal? I get lots of these emails daily about excessive resource usage.

Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 9034 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/php
Command Line: /usr/bin/php
PID: 21174 (Parent PID:19604)
Killed: No

Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 1840 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/php
Command Line: /usr/bin/php
PID: 22895 (Parent PID:17180)
Killed: No

If you're unfamiliar with what this message is coming from and/or what it means...
It's the ConfigServer Security & Firewall plugin that is install on your server and accessible through WHM.
The warning emails vary, but this particular one is telling you that PHP is processing for a longer than usual amount of time. Unfortunately that's about all the email is telling you, it's now your job to find out why, or submit a trouble ticket and support will investigate the issue.

Morning Penseur,

Last time I received those emails it was because Wordpress on one of my accounts had been hacked. Is your server configured for suphp/suexec? If so you can look at top and see which user(s) php is spending so much time on.

Thanks guys,
I get emails about this almost every 5 min. I will submit a ticket. I only have one account on WHM for one site.

Thanks guys,
I get emails about this almost every 5 min. I will submit a ticket. I only have one account on WHM for one site.
Hi Penseur,
Welcome to the forum
Yes Submit ticket is the best option since the KH tech will solve the issue for you within minutes :)