Engintron (Nginx on cPanel)

WebEndev

I had been using NginxCP for a reverse proxy with Nginx. It worked pretty well, with a few 502's here and there. It was not maintained in a very timely manner. Then came Centos 7.x, and NginxCP was not fully compatible.

In my search for an alternative, I found Engintron. I have to say - WOW impressive! Engintron has a very nice UI within WHM, and based on load and performance testing with a WordPress site, it has a significant impact on performance.

Has anyone else used Engintron? If so, what has your experience been?

P.S. - I am not affiliated in any way with Engintron. I am just a very happy user and supporter.

Hum, never seen this. I've not used Engintron but I'll try it out on my non-production box. Thanks for posting.

Hi,

Thanks @WebEndev for pointing me towards Engintron. I have tried it and it certainly is faster than using just Opcache, I have been on a mission trying to reduce my SSD-1 server's initial response time of around 1 second without using wordpress caching plugins and failed spectacularly (ended up using WP-FFPC). That's a story for another time though!

Right now, I have a different issue:
I keep getting two messages through from the CSF firewall:
1. Excessive resource usage: nginx
Account: nginx
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 15118 > 1800 (seconds)

The process time keeps increasing with each warning email! I also noticed rather high loads initially which seemed to settle.

2. Suspicious process running under user nginx
Executable:
/usr/sbin/nginx
Command Line (often faked in exploits):
nginx: worker process

So I added exe:/usr/sbin/nginx to the csf.pignore file. But I am still getting the same 2 warning messages. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a WordPress based using WooCommerce. I used NGINX on previous hosting nicely. But on CentOs 7 in knownhost it showed 502 bad gateway too many times and i was fed up and removed NGINX but my static pages load slow now.

I was wondering if Engintron would be good to be used with CentOs 7 on my VPS? Of course i will ask good people at KnownHost to configure it for me. Please let me know.

Regards,
Shri

@Shri

We've been deploying Engintron now for a few customers and so far have not run into any negatives. While I won't endorse a specific 3rd party app such as that, I feel it's relatively safe to add Nginx in as a reverse proxy using it.

Oh cool. Would give it a shot tomorrow by asking client ticket to implement it. Thank you so much for taking time to respond here.

Oh cool. Would give it a shot tomorrow by asking client ticket to implement it. Thank you so much for taking time to respond here.

Hi Shri,

I have been running Engintron on a site for about a month and a half. No issues at all. Works very well. The reason that I stopped using http://www.nginxcp.com/ is that it is broken with Centos 7.x. It worked well, for Centos 6.7.

Engintron does have one issue with the Nginx caching (it maxes at 4kb), but the developer says that this will be fixed with the upcoming release of version 1.70.
It appears that for now, Engintron is the best free alternative for Nginx reverse proxy on cPanel.

Hi Shri,

I have been running Engintron on a site for about a month and a half. No issues at all. Works very well. The reason that I stopped using http://www.nginxcp.com/ is that it is broken with Centos 7.x. It worked well, for Centos 6.7.

Engintron does have one issue with the Nginx caching (it maxes at 4kb), but the developer says that this will be fixed with the upcoming release of version 1.70.
It appears that for now, Engintron is the best free alternative for Nginx reverse proxy on cPanel.

Hey can you explain better when you say maxes at 4kb? Because page sizes will be more of course. Will it crash then?