eAccelorator problems

sumacbob

Hi all,

I`m a newb when it comes to linux and running a vps server, however I am always willing to learn.

I installed zend optimizer yesterday which appears to have successfully installed according to my php info file. Support also installed eAccelorator for me the day before, but this is where the problem is. eAccelorator doesn`t appear to be working.

I migrated two low traffic forums onto my vps so I could check things out, give php cache a chance to fill up after a few hours. What do I find, the cache folder is still empty

I checked php info and there is no mention of eAccelorator, just zend optimizer. I don`t like to keep asking support to look at these things, because I figure they install these modules but cannot assist with getting them functioning?

That said I`m pretty much stumped. I`ve googled around, and all the eAccelorator info doesn`t really help for a non-geek like me!!:)

My friend go ahead and submit a ticket....Support will do everything for you....thats why i am here :). Some times i have even asked the support team to download a program (like SMF Forum {just 1.7 MBs}) :D and upload it to my account :)

What.!!! Well....i personally don't know about eAccelerator...but i got the same problem when i request the support to install it (I did'nt submit any ticket after the 1st one to install the eAccelerator on my VPS because i was just checking it...).

Well i just checked it and found it was installed on the server and is working...sorry :) try this

Connect SSH to your VPS
enter this command

"php -v"

if you see this responce:

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.5, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator

then surly eAccelerator is installed on your server.

(again...I dont have much exerience just viewed this link: http://eaccelerator.net/wiki/TroubleShooting )

My php info shows only zend is installed and working on my vps and not eAccelorator which is what I knew anyways.

Mmmmmmm, not really sure what else to try. I could really do with the php caching feature for my two forums!

I guess I`ll do some further digging around. Thanks for your response :)

Check your php.ini files to see if eaccelerator is mentioned somewhere. There should be an entry like

zend_extension="/usr/lib/php4/eaccelerator.so"

or

extension="eaccelerator.so"

sumacbob, send me a PM with VPS access info or ticket # where this installation was performed, I'll take a look at your VPS to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Mashahood - you're right that we can install (or at least try to install) any 3rd party software but in majority of cases we cannot provide any support to it - it is physically not possible to know everything about every application.

Regards,
Paul

sumacbob, send me a PM with VPS access info or ticket # where this installation was performed, I'll take a look at your VPS to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Mashahood - you're right that we can install (or at least try to install) any 3rd party software but in majority of cases we cannot provide any support to it - it is physically not possible to know everything about every application.

Regards,
Paul

/\
I
I
I
I
I
Unbeatable Support

:) :p

Check your php.ini files to see if eaccelerator is mentioned somewhere. There should be an entry like

zend_extension="/usr/lib/php4/eaccelerator.so"

or

extension="eaccelerator.so"

Yes, the php.ini files has the eAccelorator info in there :)

I have pm`d Paul. Thank you.

I might be mistaken, but from my research on installing an appropriate cache, I think eAccelerator doesn't play nice with Zend?

Try another PHP cache, like APC (Alternate PHP Cache). Been testing and optimizing for nearly a week. Seems to work well.

Hi all,

eAccelerator is working great on my VPS. I opted to put the settings in my php.ini file and works flawlessly w/ Zend. The Zend optimizer should come first, and eAccelerator after Zend.

Here is a very simple and easy to understand howto for those interested:
Opcode Cache for Dummies
http://devbee.com/opcode_cache_for_dummies

I provide a lot of Drupal services and sites, the eAccelerator approach has increased performance on my Drupal sites which are hosted on my VPS.

A nice little feature of eAccelerator is the control.php script which allows you to monitor and manage your eAccelerator cache.

there is a conflict inbetween eAcc vs Zend.

i can recomend a good thing

drop eAcc & All the Zend.

go for ioncube +Xacache,

xcache do wonder than eAcc.
we are on Xcache now. We was on eAcc.we droped eAcc.