Drweb Key?

mmxp

I guess I messed up Plesk. I tried to update it from 8.1 to 8.2, everything was OK until after the update was done. now I can never start it. error message:
----------------------------------------------------
Key file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key - Key file not found!
A path to a valid license key file does not specified.
Plesk authorization failed: HTTP request error [6]
Error: Plesk Software not running.
---------------------------------------------------
Anybody has the same problem? any solutions?
My VPS has about 10 GBs of files and data already, I can' afford to restore a clean system and reinstall PLESK :(.
Thanks

I guess I messed up Plesk. I tried to update it from 8.1 to 8.2, everything was OK until after the update was done. now I can never start it. error message:
----------------------------------------------------
Key file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key - Key file not found!
A path to a valid license key file does not specified.
Plesk authorization failed: HTTP request error [6]
Error: Plesk Software not running.
---------------------------------------------------
Anybody has the same problem? any solutions?
My VPS has about 10 GBs of files and data already, I can' afford to restore a clean system and reinstall PLESK :(.
Thanks

You need to submit a ticket via the help desk. Such license key errors no one without admin access could help with.

You need to submit a ticket via the help desk. Such license key errors no one without admin access could help with.
Thanks. But My KH VPS is not a PLESK version. I just installed it on my own. it has been working perfectly until the upgrade to 8.2 was done.
well, I also got the problem.:
--------------------------------
psa dead but subsys locked
---------------------------------
just search SWsoft forum and found tons of same complaints. Guess it is the PLESK 8.2 upgrade bug :confused:

Thanks. But My KH VPS is not a PLESK version. I just installed it on my own. it has been working perfectly until the upgrade to 8.2 was done.
well, I also got the problem.:
--------------------------------
psa dead but subsys locked
---------------------------------
just search SWsoft forum and found tons of same complaints. Guess it is the PLESK 8.2 upgrade bug :confused:

Sorry, can't help you there. Just curious, why would you install it on your own when Knownhost could do it and SUPPORT it? If your not an experienced system administrator, why wouldn't you let Knownhost do it for you?

Sorry, can't help you there. Just curious, why would you install it on your own when Knownhost could do it and SUPPORT it? If your not an experienced system administrator, why wouldn't you let Knownhost do it for you?
as I only run one domain/site on my VPS, I purchased a VPS+WEBMIN account. Plesk for 1 domain is free so I though I would like to have a try. :D
Anyway, thanks for the help. I couldn't even find any really solution at SWsoft forum - they got too many same complaints, too. :(

I couldn't even find any really solution at SWsoft forum - they got too many same complaints, too. :(

No kidding. If I recall correctly, if you have a Plesk license key(don't see how a free one would be any different) Knownhost will install plesk with it for you and support it. Have you asked them?

No kidding. If I recall correctly, if you have a Plesk license key(don't see how a free one would be any different) Knownhost will install plesk with it for you and support it. Have you asked them?
No. I haven't asked them. but I guess they won't support any "thirt-party" software problem as my VPS is not a Plesk account. well, I was rejected once about another issue, so I guess it is not proper to bother them about this issue.
Or is there a way to reinstall the whole PLESK (maybe a lower version, like 8.1 which has been working properly) without flushing all the files and data?

No. I haven't asked them. but I guess they won't support any "thirt-party" software problem as my VPS is not a Plesk account. well, I was rejected once about another issue, so I guess it is not proper to bother them about this issue.
Or is there a way to reinstall the whole PLESK (maybe a lower version, like 8.1 which has been working properly) without flushing all the files and data?

https://support.knownhost.com/

Let them install Plesk for you. Then you should be "managed".