Database help

RSprinkel

I need some help here please. I have 3 reseller accounts from another host and I am using a billing software on all 3, the databases on each are different and I want to be able to put and merge all 3 of these into one database on my VPS.

How would I go about doing this the most simplest way possible?

Also I am trying to access my site cPanel/phpmyadmin to try and import the data needed but it keeps telling me
This feature is not available while logged in with root override. You are logged in with the root, or reseller's password. Please login with this user's account password.

How can I get around this, LOL.

Sorry for the newb questions, never had to do this sort of stuff before and VPS'ing is all new to me as well.

Thanks much in advance, very much appreciated.

Ron

Yeah I did the dump on the db's, the trouble is getting into phpmyadmin to get the info into one db.

Don't login as root and you won't get that warning.

LOL I knew that would be brought up. Thats just it, I am trying not to login as root, but for some reason it is logging me in as root.

I think the person who helped me set up my WHM and everything did something wrong and trying to get ahold of him to help me get it straightened out, lol.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Ron

LOL I knew that would be brought up. Thats just it, I am trying not to login as root, but for some reason it is logging me in as root.
Your root password and account password are the same. Hence you go to login as a user, and it detects you are using a root password and logs you in that way.

Just add a "1" on the end of the root password (or whatever) and then you can login fine.

However you can also login to phpMyAdmin via root - in WHM, scroll down to MySQL and there's a section saying "phpMyAdmin" - go into this :)

Yeah I did the dump on the db's, the trouble is getting into phpmyadmin to get the info into one db.

I think the person who helped me set up my WHM and everything did something wrong and trying to get ahold of him to help me get it straightened out, lol.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Ron

Log into your cpanel account using http://www.domain.com:2082 instead of direct into WHM using http://www.domain.com:2086 - that way you'll be logged in as a user, not root.

pmcwebs - Yeah I was trying that all afternoon and only after becoming half bald from pulling my hair out I decided it was time to seek help lol, but when I read tristanperry's reply I went and changed passwords for that account and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone for their help and ideas. Very Much appreciated.

Ron