CXS ClamAV Not Found

Frank Hagan

I'm moving my ConfigServer eXploit Scanner software to my new VPS2 here and it is not able to find ClamAV (even though it is installed on the account. I think their answer, judging from their forums, is to install your own version of ClamAV and disable the cPanel version. I'm wondering if there's a way around that.

Here is how the error message appears: http://screencast.com/t/AJucaHCI and the text of the error is:

"ClamAV socket [] not found.
You must install ClamAV (Clamavconnector on cPanel) or ensure clamd is running to use this product correctly
If the clamd socket is not automatically detected, and to clear this message, you must set clamdsock=/path/to/socket in /etc/cxs/cxs.defaults to the live socket location"​

Clamd appears in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin as it should but adding clamsock=/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/ to the /etc/cxs/cxs.defaults file doesn't allow CXS to start. Has anyone found a way to use the default installation of ClamAV with CXS on a KH VPS?

Hi Frank,

Mine appears to be running at /var/clamd and it's been running with ASSP just fine, that's the default path so far as I know.

Very strange; it's not found by CXS, even when I put the path as /var/clamd as suggested by The German who is also running CXS, Removing all lines from their cxs.defaults config file results in the same error message, "ClamAV socket not found".

I think I'll need to look for alternatives to CXS if it can't work with the native install of cPanel's ClamAV.