Cpanel Aug 8th update

gameutopia

Anyone get the 11.8.0-RELEASE_16150 or 11.8.0-CURRENT_16150 cpanel update that came out on august 8th? I'm using the release tree.

I manually updated to it last night and my memory usage dropped quite a bit. I did read the change log and it mentioned some memory issues, among other things.

I'm always skeptical about cpanel 11 updates, but this one seems to be decent. Although it's only been barely a day of messing with it.
gameutopia

Your right, I'm using 11.10 (current) and have deffinatly noticed a drop in usage. Before 10.8 usage would be at 80% + idle, now its around 70%

Anyone notice an increase in usage again? Restarting EXIM dropped my memory usage by a full 20% today! Yikes!

Anyone notice an increase in usage again? Restarting EXIM dropped my memory usage by a full 20% today! Yikes!

Hello Bryan,

Are you using Clamav? It uses a lot of ram and restarting Exim will also restart it.

Hey there Bryan,

Spamassassin maybe? If not then take a look at top and sort by memory, that should show you what's using the most memory.

Pretty sure it's spamd, yes. But why all of the sudden in these new versions? Bah! Silly cPanel. :p

I remember that there was a spamd update that caused it to spike too and that's when I changed to something else.

Least you got it figured out :)