Considering Knownhost for Aus & U.S sites

netbuddy

Im really getting down to either you guys or Medialayer to be honest.

Im comparing the $40 plan at Medialayer and the VPSXLca. Im certain ill want my sites hosted in California, for the best overall U.S and Australian speed that I can get.

I intend to use DirectAdmin, will the 320mb ram be enough for relatively small sized forums and php/sql applications? It seems like a good plan to start on.

Im really getting down to either you guys or Medialayer to be honest.

Im comparing the $40 plan at Medialayer and the VPSXLca. Im certain ill want my sites hosted in California, for the best overall U.S and Australian speed that I can get.

I intend to use DirectAdmin, will the 320mb ram be enough for relatively small sized forums and php/sql applications? It seems like a good plan to start on.

Hey Netbuddy,

I'm running out of the LA datacentre. From South Eastern Australia (Victoria) I'm getting pings of 177 ms. Can't speak highly enough of the quality of the servers here, the uptime is really good and the sites and forums that I host run really fast.

The 320 mb will be plenty of RAM for what you want to use it for. One of my VPS's is only 256 and manages to run Cpanel, which I think is more of a hog than Direct Admin.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Pete

yep, running a plesk VPS here, on 256mb with no problems :) Plesk tends to eat ram, especially with spam assassin running (about 40-50mb per child, i run 2 / 3 of em)

Texas DC, generally 220ms ping times from the east coast of AU

Generally very happy with the service.

Neilo