connecting to remote mysql server

thinkel6

Good Morning,

I have been trying to do this for awhile. I want to host my wordpress sites on my knownhost vps and connect to my database on another host. I should be able to do this but so far I keep getting connection errors.

I ran a test this morning from hostgator to my remote database and it worked fine so I know the connect string works properly.

Any thoughts,
Tim

Hi thinkel6,

Are you running CSF on your VPS? This sounds like it could be a firewall issue where you would need to open the ports to allow the connection.

Remote MySQL

Did you open the VPS IP address on the host where MySQL is hosted? If the DB is on another CPanel host, there should be a CPanel option , forget what it is called, but it specifies remote ips to allow to connect to that panel's databases.

Charlie

Good Morning,

I have been trying to do this for awhile. I want to host my wordpress sites on my knownhost vps and connect to my database on another host. I should be able to do this but so far I keep getting connection errors.

I ran a test this morning from hostgator to my remote database and it worked fine so I know the connect string works properly.

Any thoughts,
Tim