Configure PDO?

Discussion in 'Linux VPS/Dedicated - General' started by computervitals, Apr 9, 2008.

1. computervitals

computervitals New Member

I'm setting up a script and from what I have read I need to configure PDO

I ran this command:
    pecl install pdo

I looks like it downloaded and installed, It told me I needed to add the extension=pdo.so to the php.ini
    I did this and restarted httpd and re-ran my script.
    Here's what I get.
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_pdo.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

It also said I need to run:
    ./configure --with-zlib --enable-pdo=shared

can I just run that? or do I have to run all the configurations I ran before? Will it simply add it?
    If I have to run all the configurations as before including this, how so I find the ones I ran before?

2. khiltd

khiltd New Member

PDO is pretty buggy and generally hated. Are you sure this script is actually requiring that you install it, or is it just an option it offers?

3. computervitals

computervitals New Member

4. khiltd

khiltd New Member

Yikes; that's some nasty stuff. If these people have any competitors I'd give them a try before worrying about all the thousands of reasons why their product doesn't seem to work very well. If they don't, then it looks like you're going to be stuck paying for a lot of support incidents.

5. clay

clay New Member

The PDO issue was resolved by a client configuration. See the link below for the solution.
    http://eam.calemeam.com/cmapps/forum/index.php?topic=295.0

PDO in PHP 5 works great. We have not noticed any issues. It's a light-weight database abstract layer and allows CalemEAM to support both MySQL and Oracle in its enterprise edition.