Change Name Servers = How

LeMarque

When I signed up I used a .us extension and .us doesn't allow private whois; you need to ALL your personal information.

So, can I use one of my other domain names, set those up as name servers with my registrar as name servers and change those in WHM?

Anything else I should be aware of if I can do this?

TIA

What goal are you trying to achieve here?

Semi-anonymity

my .us domain has ALL of my personal info via Whois; as is required by the rules governing .us registrations.

With a .com I can have a "white label" whois; i.e. contact info but not my home address and phone # :eek:

magic said:
put in a ticket with support

KH's support is unbelievable. Best I've ever experienced. I was just trying to give them a break :rolleyes:

I'm not too familiar with WHM but you of course your going to need to register the new nameservers with your registrar and change all instances in your WHM panel of the old nameservers and change it to the new nameservers.

In a way you need to retrace your steps down from the domain level all the way up to the registrar to make sure everything is now pointing to your new nameservers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

He'll need to change a lot of things he doesn't have access to and can't do himself. Support ticket is the correct answer.

He'll need to change a lot of things he doesn't have access to and can't do himself.

Such as?

He's in a VPS: He has admin WHM access and he can log in to his domain registrar account. What else do you need?

He can change nameservers himself, both within WHM but also at his domain registrar (ie: create custom nameservers).

WHM:

Basic Cpanel/WHM setup: primary nameserver / secondary nameserver

Networking setup / Nameserver IP's (make sure there are a entries for the nameservers)

He would only need to contact support if he was changing hostname (for reverse DNS etc), which from his first post isn't what he is doing.

ok one question guys what if I want to add new domain

for example right now I have
Ns1.blabla.com 123.123.123
Ns2 .blabla.com 123.123.124

I want to add one more domain to have

ns1.anotherblabla.com (same Ip)
ns2.anotherblabla.com (same Ip)

Is this possible?

:confused:

Is this possible?

Hello Internetbrother,

This post should help.

Such as?

He's in a VPS: He has admin WHM access and he can log in to his domain registrar account. What else do you need?

Changing your primary hostname through WHM doesn't stick unless support changes it on their end, and he probably does not have the authority to create the PTR records necessary for reverse DNS to work. There may very well be billing issues as well, but I dunno.

Is this possible?

When I have a question like that, I check out the forums at cpanel.net. According to posts there, yes it is possible. I sugget you sign up there (it's free) and look at this post:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=58815&highlight=Allow+Sharing+Nameserver

I have been told in the past that it came make things unstable, but I've done it for months without having any issues.