Change FTP Home Directory

Silverweb

I don't see an option to change an FTP account's home directory. Is it possible to do this without deleting the account and starting over?

Hello Silverweb,

It depends on the login they are using as to what they will have access to. If they login using the cPanel account then they will have access to everything.

If you want them to have access to just public_html then create a new FTP account and put public_html in for the directory then they will only have access to public_html and what is under it.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, I understand how the directory access works. All of my ftp accounts have restricted access (no cpanel or top level access). My issue is that I already have the ftp accounts set up and recently changed some directory locations. I want to move their home directories to different folders. However, I don't see an option to change this. The only way I see to do this is to delete all the accounts and start over from scratch. The only item I see that I can edit in their ftp accounts is their passwords. It's not that many accounts so I guess I can start over if I have to, but it doesn't make sense to me that I can't alter this setting after I made the account.

I have been using Plesk for some time now on a different server and for creating FTP accounts you simply go to the domain and next to "Anonymous FTP" you click "FTP Accounts" and you can add / delete / edit. But on the VPS that I just got when I go to the domain it does not have that option is there another way to add more ftp accounts to a domain?

Thanks

I have been using Plesk for some time now on a different server and for creating FTP accounts you simply go to the domain and next to "Anonymous FTP" you click "FTP Accounts" and you can add / delete / edit. But on the VPS that I just got when I go to the domain it does not have that option is there another way to add more ftp accounts to a domain? Thanks