CentOS upgrade?

Dan

Hey all,

As a general rule of thumb I prefer to keep operating systems up to date and current. The notable exception to this being WinME and Vista but that's another story.

Since my VPS is running CentOS 4.x in your opinion should I expend the cash and effort to get an updated one with 5.x on it?

Thanks!

Hey all,

As a general rule of thumb I prefer to keep operating systems up to date and current. The notable exception to this being WinME and Vista but that's another story.

Since my VPS is running CentOS 4.x in your opinion should I expend the cash and effort to get an updated one with 5.x on it?

Thanks!

I would say it isn't worth it right now if everything is functioning as it should. CentOS 4.x is still completely supported and kept up to date isn't it?

I think it would be a different issue if 4.x was at the end of it's support life. I think even CentOS 3.x is kept relatively up to date.

Hello BAlGaInTl,

I've had versions of things be required that were not in the version 4.x repos so have had to install from source. Guess I have no idea if they'd be in the version 5.x repos either but I would assume they would be.

Off the top of my head I know that OpenSSL is a pretty old version and there were others as well.