Centos 6.x with kernel x86 or Centos 7.x with kernel x64?

Dany

Hi,
I hae, with KH, two servers, one with Centos 6.7 and kernel x86, and other more newer with Centos 7.x and kernel x64.

My first server, I know that, the end of live oc centos 6.x its until 2020 and I have 2,25GB of RAM.

My second server also have 2,25GB of RAM.

I view that, in my first server, I have a forum website (with mysql database) and only use around 1.0 gb total, and my second server, at the moment, only work for mail server and use around 1.5 GB of RAM.
I deduce that, kernel x64 use more ram than x86.

Its recommended upgrade Centos to 7.x?

Regards!

Hi,
I hae, with KH, two servers, one with Centos 6.7 and kernel x86, and other more newer with Centos 7.x and kernel x64.

My first server, I know that, the end of live oc centos 6.x its until 2020 and I have 2,25GB of RAM.

My second server also have 2,25GB of RAM.

I view that, in my first server, I have a forum website (with mysql database) and only use around 1.0 gb total, and my second server, at the moment, only work for mail server and use around 1.5 GB of RAM.
I deduce that, kernel x64 use more ram than x86.

Its recommended upgrade Centos to 7.x?

Regards!

There's really no point in the trouble of this right now unless you need a single thread to utilize more than 4GB of RAM or need some newer libraries included with CentOS 7. Doesn't sound like either of these things apply to you though :)

it might just as well be that the forum software uses less RAM than the email server... ?
Its possible but, the forum web also use a email server, for this reasson I think in the possibility that, server x64 uses more ram than server i686.

There's really no point in the trouble of this right now unless you need a single thread to utilize more than 4GB of RAM or need some newer libraries included with CentOS 7. Doesn't sound like either of these things apply to you though :)
Yes, at the moment I don't need more than 4GB of RAM or some newer libraries included with Centos 7.x. Only question for if recommended or not :)

Thanks and regards!