ccould i ask for move my vps from ca to tx?

Last time I asked about this I was told it was possible to migrate the user accounts on the server, but not the entire server, so if you've installed any software or done any configuration on the box, none of that work will be preserved.

Last time I asked about this I was told it was possible to migrate the user accounts on the server, but not the entire server, so if you've installed any software or done any configuration on the box, none of that work will be preserved.

I would think that would be easy just restoring from the latest virtuozzo backup on the new vps?

I would think that would be easy just restoring from the latest virtuozzo backup on the new vps?

That was what I thought as well but there's apparently something which prevents this from happening. I was never able to ascertain what exactly that something is.

It's not so bad, I assure you. Just have them overlap the two for a few days so that you can do a smooth transition between the old and new VPS. I moved a few months ago, as CA used to be all Cogent bandwidth and, while a bargain, I prefer the performance of Level 3 and Internap. Changing to TX was well worth the small amount of effort.

If you ask, Knownhost will even help by moving your data. You just have to make sure the new VPS is setup how you want.