Cannot Get into CPanel/WHM; But can get to powerpanel

in-mn

First it was sluggish, then I got page not found errors..

I forgot a pw a handful of times on a cpanel username. However, I had assumed that if it blocked IP for x amount of time, it would have emailed me an event, since I believe I have email/text setup for everything.

If blocked due to failed logins, would it give 500 errors, or?

God, it was me!

Now where the hell do i go to unblock myself. And is there a way to change the default number of failed attempts for a specific ip in WHM?

cant get in aside from a dedicated server. i have disabled CPhulk, etc. Still not luck. Any other ideas?

Send in a support ticket ASAP: support.knownhost.com

They can login and get yourself unblocked.

Alternatively, if you had another internet connection you could get to, you could login that way.

i can log in, and i can uncheck brute force, etc; however, I can not see where my (regular) ip is blocked.

Where in the menu should I check? I know they offer support for dummies like myself, however, would like to use that as a last resort.

Figured it was on a timer, went to watch a few sopranos. Alas, still blocked :(

i can log in, and i can uncheck brute force, etc; however, I can not see where my (regular) ip is blocked.

Where in the menu should I check? I know they offer support for dummies like myself, however, would like to use that as a last resort.

Figured it was on a timer, went to watch a few sopranos. Alas, still blocked :(

Here's a thread at cPanel's forums...should give you some insight on how to get your IP removed: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/help-i-have-been-locked-out-brute-force-sistem-112341.html