Can someone tell me how to search

comsysinc

I can't seem to find even common words in normal or advanced requesting 'all forums'. I can see a word in a forum below the search option but search can't find it. I've tried clicking the date option about 40 times to go back to approx 2012, still can't get search listing.
I'm looking for information on mysql also tried MySQL, but no joy.
Any suggestions? What am I missing?
Thanks,
Rich

It doesn't work for me, don't know why. I tried to search 'mysql' in your post dated Dec 13, 2013 in Knowledgebase & FAQ. I'm looking at your post with MySQL in the title while searching and the search doesn't find it. I made a *.wmv file to show you, but the upload file option doesn't allow it, so I've uploaded it to expirebox. Please take a look, link good for 48 hours. Thanks
https://expirebox.com/download/425ed75c1865874c0930291ec2cd60ae.html

Confirmed, search seems to be broken. Searching for mysql only this post comes up. Seems like only the newest posts are indexed maybe?

Thank you Dan.
Also, couldn't the date field be a little more friendly? I'm referring to the need to click click click each time to setup a beginning date to view posts for a search criterion. 1 year requires 12 clicks... 2 years requires 24 clicks, etc.

You guys are terrific! Many thanks. Now, maybe I can search and find a fix for MySQL being killed by the kernel in my VPS-2 every few days. (I have plenty of memory for the few low volume sites I have)

interesting, I wanted to see discussions that have occurred at KH about Litespeed, before asking my question, and according to forum search nothing, as of Fri Dec 23 2016, but there is stuff in the forum, I noticed that before, thought the forum was just really inactive, but I think it is more of the search function issue.....so when you rebuilt, do you have to tell it what keywords to build the index for?

site:https://www.knownhost.com/forums litespeed

interesting, I wanted to see discussions that have occurred at KH about Litespeed, before asking my question, and according to forum search nothing, as of Fri Dec 23 2016, but there is stuff in the forum, I noticed that before, thought the forum was just really inactive, but I think it is more of the search function issue.....so when you rebuilt, do you have to tell it what keywords to build the index for?

site:https://www.knownhost.com/forums litespeed

It scans and indexes everything.

When I search for "litespeed" I get 4 pages of results.

On Google yes, on this forum search forum, search not working, unless I'm being dense.

I just tried searching for MySQL, and nothing found for that either in the forum, so I guess search is broke again, common issue with Xenforo? I'm looking for some forum software

Now this thread shows up for the search MySQL and Litespeed, but there is more on this forum than just this thread, so something isn't right.

On Google yes, on this forum search forum, search not working, unless I'm being dense.

I just tried searching for MySQL, and nothing found for that either in the forum, so I guess search is broke again, common issue with Xenforo? I'm looking for some forum software

Nah, it's related to our high availability setup on our core site/forums/wiki/etc. Just noticed Xenforo's search index is MyISAM by default which explains why for some search works great and for others it doesn't. MyISAM doesn't support MySQL replication in the same ways InnoDB does.

I'll get this fixed.