Can a VPS handle the type of site I want?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in KnownHost. Based on the information provided our VPS plans can definitely handle 2000 unique visits each day as long as they don't happen at the very same moment. We offer a variety of VPS plans and you can always upgrade your plan as your site grows. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joel

I recently got this from my webhost (Im on a reseller plan)

"Too many http connections
--------------
There was high access to the domain from different ip's which created high load in the server. Also the mysql/cpu usage by the domain is high compared to other users.

We believe this issue is occurring due to a high number of hits in a shared hosting environment combined with the inefficiency of PHP-Nuke.

As you can see below, your site has been getting a lot of hits. There has been over 70,000 hits in around 5 hours. This is quite a lot for a shared hosting environment as this averages to around 336,000 hits per day."

Can the VPS Mtx handle such loads without causing problem with other VPS accounts on the server?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Also, sorry for the delay in responding. Based on your needs and web stats currently I wouldn't recommend our VPS M plan. The VPS M is for simple sites that people want to have more freedom with as you get your own mail server, IP's, root access, etc. I would recommend trying our VPS L to start then go from there. The last thing you want is to have the site going down due to you running out of resources. Again, I wouldn't recommend the VPS M but if you want to try it then upgrade feel free. So many things factor in to a website like how it is written, scripts, etc so it is next to impossible to say yes or no.

Thanks,
Joel