Boring.......

MiCarl

Today is my one year anniversary with KnownHost and it's really boring.

At the old place my server would get slow or go down and I could argue with support for days. I could also go on their forum and see hundreds of posts from people with similar problems.

As far as I know, my KnownHost server has never gone down or got slow. I did manage to block my own IP twice but both times support fixed it in under five minutes. There was some grumbling about Plesk being discontinued, but other than that the forums here have been quite dull.

What a boring place.

@MiCarl If you'd like for a limited time offer I can enable the 'simulate competition' on your VPS and let you re-live the good ole days for a while! (Kidding kidding)

While it may indeed be a bit boring in the end this is what we strive for! We aren't perfect by any means and are constantly working to refine ourselves to reach the ultimate state of boring and nothingness :)

Glad you're having a boring anniversary!

I would have to agree. With KH, my server (and in the end, my websites) just worked. No hassle. No fuss.

I would have to agree. With KH, my server (and in the end, my websites) just worked. No hassle. No fuss.
Ditto!

4 years today, since I joined. And just like the wife, we talked a lot early days but rarely speak now :)

OP actually brings up a valid point, although I don't think it was the intention, even though the forum are sort of an extension of support, a more lively community might be beneficial to KH. Not sure how it could be livened up since it is not needed. Maybe a subforum of the lounge for tips and tricks, developers corner, marketing etc. More successful KH customers, means customers will need more resources....maybe this should be in suggestions forum

Today is my one year anniversary with KnownHost and it's really boring.

At the old place my server would get slow or go down and I could argue with support for days. I could also go on their forum and see hundreds of posts from people with similar problems.

As far as I know, my KnownHost server has never gone down or got slow. I did manage to block my own IP twice but both times support fixed it in under five minutes. There was some grumbling about Plesk being discontinued, but other than that the forums here have been quite dull.

What a boring place.

Same here. Just passed the one-year mark in January after abandoning the E.I.G. Titanic, surnamed Arvixe, while the captain there kept trying to reassure the passengers and the band played to the same tune.

Sure is nice to be standing on solid ground after all that nauseating motion-sickness I suffered towards the end of that voyage aboard the Arvixe... o_O

--Tim

Same here. Just passed the one-year mark in January after abandoning the E.I.G. Titanic, surnamed Arvixe, while the captain there kept trying to reassure the passengers and the band played to the same tune.

Sure is nice to be standing on solid ground after all that nauseating motion-sickness I suffered towards the end of that voyage aboard the Arvixe... o_O

--Tim

I wasn't going to name names, but since you did........

I wonder if Arvixe has any customers left.

I wasn't going to name names, but since you did........

I wonder if Arvixe has any customers left.

Kinda takes the topic further off-topic, but the stunner for me was when EIG managed to buy Constant Contact! I've had a LOT of clients over the years who relied heavily on CC for their mailing campaigns, and I can't imagine the potential level of disaster if/when EIG bungles the acquisition. o_O

--Tim

EIG
/Eee eye Gee/
noun
1. a contagious bacterial disease characterized by massive server down time and user delirium, typically followed by users jumping ship (see Titanic) and sometimes infection of the staff ( useless supprt ).
"HostGator and Constant Contact were infected by EIG"
verb
2. cause continual trouble or distress to.
"My sever is down! Oh' it's because the company has been EIGed."​

EIG
/Eee eye Gee/
noun
1. a contagious bacterial disease characterized by massive server down time and user delirium, typically followed by users jumping ship (see Titanic) and sometimes infection of the staff ( useless supprt ).
"HostGator and Constant Contact were infected by EIG"
verb
2. cause continual trouble or distress to.
"My sever is down! Oh' it's because the company has been EIGed."​

Excellent !!!! Where do you get this stuff :)