BigScoots VPS -> KH NVMe VPS Migration (+ cPanel and CloudFlare questions)

PGen98

Hi,

I've been looking to migrate hosts for a little bit now, nothing against BigScoots in any way, shape or form, they've been phenomenal, but seeing alternatives out there with better value for money options, it just seemed right to start looking to move. Your NVMe VPS options in particular look stellar, and it's got me wanting to migrate in the short term. The issue is, I currently have cPanel on my BigScoots plan, and while I like cPanel, I don't want to keep paying an additional fee for it as I presently do. Is cPanel included w/ KH plans or is it just DirectAdmin? Can you import a full cPanel backup in DA? Is Softaculous included in the NVMe packages or is that extra? I know, lots of questions, but BigScoots also advocated for using CloudFlare a lot, and so my sites are configured to run through CloudFlare's DNS, can that be similarly configured with KH? Just a few questions to get the ball rolling :).

Thanks for your time!

Hi,

I've been looking to migrate hosts for a little bit now, nothing against BigScoots in any way, shape or form, they've been phenomenal, but seeing alternatives out there with better value for money options, it just seemed right to start looking to move. Your NVMe VPS options in particular look stellar, and it's got me wanting to migrate in the short term. The issue is, I currently have cPanel on my BigScoots plan, and while I like cPanel, I don't want to keep paying an additional fee for it as I presently do. Is cPanel included w/ KH plans or is it just DirectAdmin? Can you import a full cPanel backup in DA? Is Softaculous included in the NVMe packages or is that extra? I know, lots of questions, but BigScoots also advocated for using CloudFlare a lot, and so my sites are configured to run through CloudFlare's DNS, can that be similarly configured with KH? Just a few questions to get the ball rolling :).

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for considering us :)

DA is included, cPanel is an extra cost. Their license prices are pretty crazy these days so we, like many others, were forced to line-item it since they keep going up every year.

We can import full cPanel backups to DA just fine.

Softaculous cost an extra $1/mo.

CF is just fine and we're happy to help you continue using it for DNS/protection/etc.

Hit me with more questions if you've got 'em!

Thanks for the rapid response!

Yeah, I assumed as much, cPanel prices did get rather silly, so I understand why so many hosts have gone down the route of adding an extra fee for its' use. DA is perfectly fine in my book ;)

That's perfectly reasonable for Softaculous, glad to know it's available! Also yes, I would definitely appreciate a hand with the CF configuration and so on. How quickly can you transfer everything from host to host? Once that's done it's just a matter of DNS propagation, correct?

I should be looking at switching within the next couple of weeks, so thank you so much for your help!

Generally speaking most migrations only take a few hours. Since you're already on CF and will only have to update the records themselves propagation time should be very low.

Knownhost just migrated my website files from Namecheap to the new purchase hosting service here. Kudos to their support team for their swift response. I once use Knowhost about 7-8 years ago. I had to return again to use their shared hosting plan for a few months and later upgrade to VPS. What impresses me more is the support level.