Big Site

fernas

Hi, actually I have a dedicated server with the next features:
  • 1GB RAM.
  • 1000 GB bandwith/month
  • 350GB hard disk
  • Celeron 1.6 CPU (very poor)
  • Fedora
My site have a 550MB database, a thousands of visites every day, and I use Joomla with vBulletin in my site.

I want to order the California VPS TripleX, but I have some questions:
  • That VPS will endure my site?
  • Actually my dedicated server freezes a lot because the poor CPU. Which CPU do you use in your VPS and will endure my site?
I hope you can answer my questions because is urgent get a server that endure my site.

Sorry for my English :eek:. Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. Based on your needs it is tough to say exactly as I don't know your actual usage for things like RAM, disk space, and CPU. Do you have these numbers? In general, the CPU power in our VPS's will out perform the Celeron's for sure. We use custom built machines for performance and reliability. The nice thing is you can start with one VPS and upgrade to the next with no downtime. Also, you can upgrade to a Hybrid Server from a VPS with no issues. Let us know if you know how much resources you use so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Joel

Fernas,

I had a dedicated server last year (Celeron 2.4 with 1 Gb of Ram) I can state without hesitation that the VPS server has lots more grunt than the Celeron. Lots. The difference is remarkable

Hope this helps.

Pete

Fernas,

I had a dedicated server last year (Celeron 2.4 with 1 Gb of Ram) I can state without hesitation that the VPS server has lots more grunt than the Celeron. Lots. The difference is remarkable

What was the hard disk configuration on your previous server? I'm wondering whether the difference is due to such things as hard disk setup such as RAID and faster speeds, or is it more due to difference in processors. With equal share, won't the share of VPS processor be less tan the whole Celeron power in terms of MHz? You probably had more RAM on the dedicated server than your VPS. I guess there are many other factors in such a comparison.

Sorry for no answer all this long. My actual usage is:
  • 803MB of 1000.48MB RAM.
  • Swap usage: 772KB of 1GB.
  • Hard Disk usage: 9GB of 350GB.
  • Load overage: 19.35 (in last 5 minutes).
I hope you can help me and I really need som kind of guarantee that the VPS will endure my site. I don't want bad experiences anymore.

I have in my site actually 52,000 registerd members, and are online 300 to 400 allways.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English.

Man, for something like that you probably would need to get a hybrid server at least. If those plans don't work for you then you are likely to need your own dedicated server. Ask sales to see what they think.

fernas,

With your requirements you will need a dedicated server. Sorry, I wish we could be of more help.

Thanks,
Joel