BASHpocalypse

turbo2ltr

I noticed my VPS's were patched (at least with the initial patch)...was that the OS patching itself, cPanel, or KH?

@turbo2ltr We patched the systems within a very short time of CentOS releasing the patched RPM's for bash and we will continue to monitor the situation to ensure nothing else is released.

cPanel would have patched it during the nightly updates since yum updates are ran, but we chose to push it out as quickly as possible to our clients.

I second @turbo2ltr's above sentiments. On the ball, as per usual - appreciate the rapid response.

Are there any additional steps that we should be taking on our end, or are we good to go?

For the moment your good to go. We're just keeping an eye on things for the second (less serious) bug to be patched and depending on the severity we will either force patch them or let them naturally patch over night.

For the moment your good to go. We're just keeping an eye on things for the second (less serious) bug to be patched and depending on the severity we will either force patch them or let them naturally patch over night.
Great, Daniel! Thanks.