Ban IP Adress

MadMax

I have a user named "Stephanie" that has signed up for and spammed my forums and a number of other forums I visit with solicitations for some Buddhist site.

Is there a way to ban the IP address completely fro my VPS and how would I do that?

I have a user named "Stephanie" that has signed up for and spammed my forums and a number of other forums I visit with solicitations for some Buddhist site.

Is there a way to ban the IP address completely fro my VPS and how would I do that?

If you are using configserver firewall you can block specific IP addresses - I presume she has a static IP address?

I found Host Access Control in the WHM Panel. It has an option to block IP addresses.

has anyone used this? I am not very familiar with what a Daemon is......another newbie issue, so play nice.....

Daemon Access List Action Comment

Hello MadMax,

I have not used Host Access Control but looking it up it looks like it will only block access for an IP to specific services. You could block it for httpd (the web server) but the best way to do it is through your firewall as that would block the IP completely from the whole server.

If you do not want to do that then in the cPanel for the domain there is also the IP Deny Manager. Just enter the IP there and it will be blocked from that domain.

I went with the IP deny manager. Thanks. Hopefully, soon I will understand more about these processes. I really appreciate your patience with me.

Dana