Backup Run Times

gameutopia

Could anyone tell me what time the main vps virtuozzo backups are run?

I'm trying to configure my cpanel updates and backups to run at off peak times, but don't want them to run at the same time that virtuozzo would be running. I'm not sure if they all run at different times per server, but my guess would be that they too would run during off peak hours.

Thank you.
gameutopia

I'm wondering the same, in fact curious as to whether it's running right now as server load for me currently is > 3.9 and only one site has activity on it, with normal amount of users online.

netstat -ntu | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr

shows highest as:

10 58.164.23.14
6 203.12.22.55
5 58.172.10.168
5 203.27.145.58
5 202.7.176.132

so nothing untoward there - or someone else is affecting the vps.

I'm wondering the same, in fact curious as to whether it's running right now as server load for me currently is > 3.9 and only one site has activity on it, with normal amount of users online.

Full VPS backups by Knownhost would not cause any additional load on one's individual VPS - it might put additional load on the server(node) as a whole but you would not be able to see such additional load by running a top command in your VPSes shell.

You can check what time the backup starts by checking what time the server status changes in virtuozzo

Good point. Thanks!

In Virtuozzo under "Logs" > "Status Changes" you can see when your VPS starts to backup.

Mine varies from 2:20 AM to 3:00 AM.

Mine seem to be between 4:00 am and 9:38 am maybe this one was an odd ball or something.

Anyway Could one assume that these times are central u.s. time zone? or other?

I am on the west coast in the pacific time zone, and would like to take the 1 hour mountain time, 2 hour cental time, and 3 hour eastern time zone into consideration also.

gameutopia

Backups are executed at 1:58am EST. Backup completion time depends on various factors such us overall load, activity inside VPSs, etc. We run VPS backups with lowest possible priority and temporarily suspend backup process if overall load on the node goes above the pre-defined threshold. This way we can make sure that backups creation doesn't affect load on customer's systems but, as a trade-in, backup completion time may vary.

Regards,
Paul