Avid movie watchers?

Oh yes! On opening night lol

We thought it was excellent and hardly even noticed that it was 3 hours long!

Has anyone caught any of these new movies that have come out in the last few months?

Likes, dislikes, recommendations?

I haven't managed to catch anything, let alone plan for them.

I've not seen any from the list but my daughter and I saw Secret Life of Pets 2 last weekend. It was cute, she liked it, but I found myself looking at my watch from time to time.

As for Toy Story 4, my Wife works at a Disney related medical center for kids and she got to meet Tom Hanks AND Tim Allen last week, promoting the movie. :eek: I'm so jealous, I told her "If you knew they were coming in advanced, and didn't tell me I'm going to be PISSED!" Turns out it was unannounced. :D

I've held off on seeing Avengers Endgame because I still haven't seen Captain Marvel, not required of course, but I know she plays a major role in Avengers. I need to catch up before Spider-Man is released.

I'm pretty sure that everyone walked out of Endgame feeling that way. It's very sad to see heroes die especially when we've watched them develop for so long. Other than that I thought that the movie was very well done and I really enjoyed some of the backstory that they gave.

I finally got around to watching Aladdin a few weeks ago and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. My wife and I were kinda "Ehhh" at the beginning but we warmed up to everything and found ourselves laughing and enjoying the movie.

While it's not Robin Williams, Will Smith definitely did justice towards the Genie's role even though it was his own take on it, I don't think Robin would have disapproved.

Toy Story 4 is next on my list, along with Avengers and Spider-man -- it's hard keeping up with all these new movies.

Especially now we have Matrix 4 and Bill and Ted 3 -- I feel like it's the late 90s again.

We went to see Toy Story 4 a few weeks ago and I thought it was just as good as the first (2 and 3 were meh IMO). We also saw Frozen 2 a couple weeks ago and everyone enjoyed it. It's going to be a couples weeks before I get a chance to see the new Star Wars movie. Let me know what you think of it when you get to see it.

Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 were OK -- We watched Rise of Skywalker a week ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I get what they were trying to do with tying up loose ends and fixing the plot holes from Last Jedi.

Rumor has it there will be a new trilogy of movies set during the "high republic" era. IIRC, this is KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) territory.

Wife and I saw the new Sonic movie -- I liked it, no complaints here. I'm glad they went and redesigned Sonic to be true to its original self, otherwise I could see the movie taken a different direction.

I think it did better then Detective Pikachu, so that speaks volumes.