Autoclose Ticket

marcacer

Why cannot we reopen tickets that are auto closed? Some issues come back (specially after the admin says 'let me know if this happens again' and then we are not able to reopen the ticket.

My last experience:
I had a spam issue (receiving so much spam in our inbox), and we needed some days to check how the settings of the last admin worked. But in your new system, the ticket gets closed and we don't have the option to 'reopen' the case. Every-time we have to go tell the same story and referring tickets and making new tickets etc.
The admins then does things that the first admin already had done etc etc etc

It would be very very helpful if we can reopen a ticket from the client side, so we don't need a new ticket, filling all server details again and explaining the issue again and then the follow up.

@marcacer we auto-close tickets as in the past people would open 1+ year old tickets and things of that nature and it would end up causing confusion and delays for both the customer and our techs. When a ticket has lets say 50 responses and it's bumped with something simple, we have to read the entire context of that which takes a ton of time slowing down the speed at which we can resolve issues for you so opening a new one with a basic summary is a superior option to allow us to best and most efficiently address your concerns.

Just open a new ticket a reference the old ticket number. You can send emails directly to support[at]knownhost[dot]com to open tickets, they always seem to have my server information at hand when I open tickets via email.

Just open a new ticket a reference the old ticket number. You can send emails directly to support[at]knownhost[dot]com to open tickets, they always seem to have my server information at hand when I open tickets via email.

It's always best to open a ticket via our ticket system and provide server information. Opening them via email slows us down thus slowing down your resolution. We allow them to be opened via email for convenience at times but it's certainly not the best way to do it or provide login information as email is not secure whereas our ticket form and information provided there is much more secure as well as allows us to work faster.

In the future it will be necessary to provide login information in each ticket for security purposes.

Support tickets are currently set to auto-close after 120 hours of inactivity. What is the current auto-close settings of support tickets in Billing and Sales Department as these seems to be longer?

@KH-Jonathan is there a way to close the ticket on my own?
Your support service is stunning they always reply and fix things very fast on my VPS.
Once they solved my issue, am I supposed to leave the ticket open and let it to close on its own, or should I write in the ticket "thanks you can close this one"?
Sometime I open a bunch of tickets and I would like to be able to close the solved ones.