.asp subdomain on Linux Box???

XanaDartZ

Just got a request that I've had before, but worked around in a different way. I had a site before that was built using PHPNuke and the owner wished to put an asp program into it. Didin't think it was possible, as asp is ran from a Windows box. But I found a way to host the asp portion on a windows box (using a different domain name) and "wrap" it into the Nuke site, hosted here. Worked fine. Now I have a different request. A beer producer in the UK has built a site and has already printed the cans with the domain name on it - all without knowing that this site was also a PHPNuke site, hosted here on a Linux box. They want the one they built to be a subdomain. I.E. myclient.com is the clients site and they want myclient.com/beersite. They do not want us to use a redirect and send the user to a windows box, but rather have them on the same box, so to speak. They have already done the work and do not wish to re-code their portion of the site. The existing site for our client is a big one and also cannot simply be reworked. Is there any way to achieve this and keep all parties happy? Thanks in advance.
Mike

The subdomain or folder as you're showing it is no problem but a search of the CPanel forums strongly recommends against running .asp enabling applications. Here is a post talking about it.

Doesn't look good, sorry

Dan

Why did the client build the application in ASP if it wasn't even available to them? There are ways to make it work on Linux, but I wouldn't want any of them running on a VPS account (same goes for PHPNuke for that matter).

Here's one $200 solution: http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/

Unless they're paying $200/mo, I'd probably encourage them to seek Windows hosting rather than fool with that.