Anyone using Whmcs

gameutopia

I downloaded whmcs free 15 day trial. I liked the simplicity, it was easy to setup and install, configure, etc. Overall a decent project that could be ready to go in less than an hour.

Well I thought I had everything working until I messed with the support ticket system. For some reason I can only get support tickets if the end user uses the online website only. If they hit reply in there email client and send a response to me I don't get it. It does go to my actual email but whmcs does not get it or import it. It's way to hard to try and match an email up to a support ticket.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any issue with it? Whmcs Version 3.12 and cpanel 11.6. I spent way too much time on it and pretty much gave up in frustration. Good thing I went with the trial first.

I've posted in their forums, and contacted their support with no response.

Just wondering if anyone had the same problem or a suggestion/fix.

Thanks
gameutopia

Howdy gameutopia,

I have not used this software at all so I may be way off base here but I would think the software would need it's own email address either to be created or possibly even one that doesn't get created and a script file catches emails to a specific address. And it sounds like you changed that return address to your own so that you get it instead of the script.

Hope that helps

This might be of help:

http://v3manual.whmcs.com/?id=12

I use whmcs and you need to setup a cron to pop the support email address or setup piping. Read through the link I gave you above and get the cron/piping info specifically for your installation in your admincp configuration page.

Let me know if your still having trouble.

Regards,

Looks like the other Josh got to this first. Yea, do what he says :p

And yes, I use WHMCS and enjoy it, as well.

Thanks for the info. I did read all the info in the manual in reference to this prior to posting. I searched and browsed their forums with no luck. I submitted a ticket to their help department and I finally got a reply, which was a little on the confusing side.

After playing around with it for a little longer I finally got the php forwarding figured out. Luckily the new cpanel 11 has a feature to forward emails using piping and has a feature that also checks to make sure the directories are right, and will fix them for you if not.

However I never did figure the forwarding with pop piping out, and cpanel 10 doesn't have that feature above at least not in the theme I use. And since the php one worked I didn't want to mess with it anymore.

The confussing part is there is no information how to set all the forwarding stuff up using piping. Just do it, and here is a cron */5 * * * * ...path to some php, or ....|php path. It never said it should be set in a cron, or at the forward area, or you need to do both, etc.

After all said and done and way too many hours spent on something simple it does work and works well.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Thanks for the info. I did read all the info in the manual in reference to this prior to posting. I searched and browsed their forums with no luck. I submitted a ticket to their help department and I finally got a reply, which was a little on the confusing side.

After playing around with it for a little longer I finally got the php forwarding figured out. Luckily the new cpanel 11 has a feature to forward emails using piping and has a feature that also checks to make sure the directories are right, and will fix them for you if not.

However I never did figure the forwarding with pop piping out, and cpanel 10 doesn't have that feature above at least not in the theme I use. And since the php one worked I didn't want to mess with it anymore.

The confussing part is there is no information how to set all the forwarding stuff up using piping. Just do it, and here is a cron */5 * * * * ...path to some php, or ....|php path. It never said it should be set in a cron, or at the forward area, or you need to do both, etc.

After all said and done and way too many hours spent on something simple it does work and works well.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Hi gameutopia,

You are correct there is not much info on how to set up piping on whmcs's website. To be honest, I have never set up piping before. However, I have used pop and it works quite well.

To set up pop:
  1. you create the support email as an email mailbox not as a forward.
  2. go to youwhmcsdomaindirectory.com/admin/configticketdepartments.php
  3. Add the "department" and fill in your "POP3 Importing Configuration" such as your domain name, email username and password.
  4. Then you need to set up a cron to "GET" a web page(a script) every few minutes. This cron calls the script up to pop your email mailbox to see if new messages have been recieved and if so to retrieve them and put them in a ticket. The cron code you need for pop is in the field labeled: "Ticket Importing using POP3 Import (Requires IMAP installed on server)"
Hope this helps everyone with getting pop set up....

Thanks for the info regarding the pop setup.

Just one more thing while we're sorta on the whmcs subject...is the $5 per month from knownhost for whmcs for branded or unbranded version? Meaning the powered by links?

I'm trying out a 15 day trial version so it's there, but I know they have both versions and just wondering which version I would get for the monthly fee.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info regarding the pop setup.

Just one more thing while we're sorta on the whmcs subject...is the $5 per month from knownhost for whmcs for branded or unbranded version? Meaning the powered by links?

I'm trying out a 15 day trial version so it's there, but I know they have both versions and just wondering which version I would get for the monthly fee.

Thanks.

The WHMCS license provided from KH is for a branded version.

Though, $5 for a WHMCS license is quite good :)

$5 is a very good price, I wasn't complaining or anything. I just wanted to verify. I've read in other places people didn't realize there was unbranded and branded. They just assumed that they would have the unbranded.

Thanks for all the help.