Any Phone Tech Support?

LeMarque

Thinking about an entry level vps and occasionaly :rolleyes: I may need to talk to a live person in tech support.

Is this available?

-

TIA

Hello LeMarque,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. We do not have phone support but I don't think you will see any complaints on how our support is handled via our 24/7 helpdesk (integrated with email). Most replies are in under 15 minutes with the longest being 1 hour. Feel free to try us out as we do have a 30 day money back guarantee. Any questions let us know.

Regards,
Joel

Hello LeMarque,

Thanks for your interest in KnownHost. We do not have phone support but I don't think you will see any complaints on how our support is handled via our 24/7 helpdesk (integrated with email). Most replies are in under 15 minutes with the longest being 1 hour. Feel free to try us out as we do have a 30 day money back guarantee. Any questions let us know.

Regards,
Joel

I think that a phone support number is a great benefit even though your support via helpdesk is superb. There are times when a person is out of town and may not have web access and gets notification via SMS or a phone call saying that something is wrong and being able to call and ask support if they could look into it would be invaluable at those times.

Calling in would still require specific details like root password, etc so it is more complicated then just calling in and asking for help. We would need IP's, passwords, etc or the end result is a lot of wasted time. To keep support as efficient as it is this is the best process at the current time. In the future we may add it but to date this has worked well. Thanks.

Joel

Calling in would still require specific details like root password, etc so it is more complicated then just calling in and asking for help. We would need IP's, passwords, etc or the end result is a lot of wasted time. To keep support as efficient as it is this is the best process at the current time. In the future we may add it but to date this has worked well. Thanks.

Joel

I actually have an idea(maybe kind of a quirky one) to resolve that hurdle. If you or Jay or Paul want to hear it - PM me :)

Josh

When I used to run a legitimate hosting business (haha!), we tried phone support, but canned it, since not many people used it.

We found out that:

- Our strictly web hosting clients used e-mail/helpdesk instead almost 100% of the time.

- Web Design clients who hosted with us used the phone almost 100% of the time.

The people who used phone support were the ones (generally speaking) who were completely clueless about web hosting, and the Internet in general.

As Joel said above,
It would be hard to communicate the IP's and passwords with the phone system. And you would also get a faster response time thru email / ticketing because you wouldnt have to be put on hold and such.

I guess in some ways that phone Idea is good and some is bad.

Hello LeMarque,

Regards,
Joel

as a paying customer i know this is an exaggeration. my site has been turned off due to late payments i made the payment and waiting for support/billing to turn my site back for 3 hours and i don't even get responses on email
all my sites are down and i have a really good feeling right now

It shouldn't have been down 3 hours so I apologize for that. It was restarted as you know. Moving forward we will be changing a few things anyway so it should help prevent the one time this has happened in 6 years. Let me reiterate since being in business for 6 years this delay happened once during normal within reason hours. That means if you pay at 2am there may be a delay but its very rare to experience delays during normal hours (EST). We do everything we can by sending 4 notifications about the invoice being due. It's not like we are approaching this with a lack of communication on our part. If a client expects a delay we can extend it. We just need proper communication and it always works flawlessly. Sorry again for the delay but please understand we do offer auto payments as well.