Affiliate account and coupon codes

Derek

Derek,

We do apologize but since our SSD offerings are so new they were built out with the additional resources already included at their launch, and since they are not yet a year old they were not included in the Christmas Upgrades this year.

We did offer specific deals for our SSD offerings on Black Friday on all of our Social Media outlets, this included a lifetime discount and 1/2 off the second month's services.

That's odd, because I didn't get half off my second month's service when I upgrade in November and the lifetime discount was not black friday because I ordered well before black friday.

November I paid $90
December I paid $80.08 (not even close to being half off)

Derek,

If you would open a ticket with our billing department, billing@knownhost.com and let us know which Coupon code was used on this purchase. Our Black Friday coupon codes from our social media outlets (Twitter, FaceBook, Linked In and Google +) specifically for our SSD services came with a life time discount and a discount on the second month. Once our billing department is open tomorrow we will get them to investigate this and find out if you used one of those codes why the proper discount was not applied.

Derek,

If you would open a ticket with our billing department, billing@knownhost.com and let us know which Coupon code was used on this purchase. Our Black Friday coupon codes from our social media outlets (Twitter, FaceBook, Linked In and Google +) specifically for our SSD services came with a life time discount and a discount on the second month. Once our billing department is open tomorrow we will get them to investigate this and find out if you used one of those codes why the proper discount was not applied.

Nope I didn't use any codes, everything was done via email when I upgraded. I must add as well that when you guys migrated me over to the new server, you said it would be setup just like my old server... it wasn't - the entire process failed - it was a nightmare to be honest.

Go look up the customer David Lambros... he even put my name down as the person who referred him, I got nothing.

Derek,

Our affiliate system is only tracked if they signup by using your affiliate URL which can be found inside of your affiliate account:
https://www.knownhost.com/affiliate.html

If you have an affiliate account and a signup was not counted for you, please email our affiliate department at affiliate@knownhost.com so we can get this straightened out for you.

Nope I didn't use any codes, everything was done via email when I upgraded. I must add as well that when you guys migrated me over to the new server, you said it would be setup just like my old server... it wasn't - the entire process failed - it was a nightmare to be honest.

Derek,

If this was not a new account, but just an upgrade, then it would not have been eligible for the new account discount codes, and would only be eligible for any lifetime discounts you had currently which could be transferred across.

I do apologize if you had a bad experience with the migration as that is not our intention, if everything has not been properly addressed for you please open a support ticket and we can investigate things further.

Derek,

If this was not a new account, but just an upgrade, then it would not have been eligible for the new account discount codes, and would only be eligible for any lifetime discounts you had currently which could be transferred across.

I do apologize if you had a bad experience with the migration as that is not our intention, if everything has not been properly addressed for you please open a support ticket and we can investigate things further.

It wasn't an upgrade, you guys said you didn't have upgrades for VPS to SSD VPS accounts because they were in a different data center, which is why you "migrated" me over to the new server.

Thanks Daniel for censoring me... guess you guys don't appreciate the constitution.

Anyways, this is what Debbie said in regards to "not" being able to upgrade to SSD plan.

Since your current VPS is located in our West Coast data center, you wouldn't be able to upgrade to an SSD plan.

Derek,

I've split this off from the main thread to help us properly address your concerns.

If you were in one of our other data centers except for our TX facility then yes, it would have been a migration rather than an upgrade or simple package change. If at that time of purchasing the new SSD VPS to migrate to you had the option of entering the available coupon codes or providing them to us via email for the billing system and we would have applied them at the time of purchase.

We simply use that field for internal tracking to help monitor advertising campaigns as people can not only enter a person but a place as well such as facebook, google etc.

Thanks Daniel for censoring me... guess you guys don't appreciate the constitution.

Anyways, this is what Debbie said in regards to "not" being able to upgrade to SSD plan.

Since your current VPS is located in our West Coast data center, you wouldn't be able to upgrade to an SSD plan.

Derek,

In no way are we attempting to censor you. I am simply moving this discussion to its own publicly viewable thread so we can continue to discuss this issue. We are now talking about a migration and the affiliate program which is not of the same topic as the original thread.

Please see my reply in this thread to address the other question about the difference between the migration and the upgrade.

Derek,

I've split this off from the main thread to help us properly address your concerns.

If you were in one of our other data centers except for our TX facility then yes, it would have been a migration rather than an upgrade or simple package change. If at that time of purchasing the new SSD VPS to migrate to you had the option of entering the available coupon codes or providing them to us via email for the billing system and we would have applied them at the time of purchase.

We simply use that field for internal tracking to help monitor advertising campaigns as people can not only enter a person but a place as well such as facebook, google etc.

Look daniel, I've had nothing but good things to say about your company but ever since you guys moved from california to washington there has been some disconnects. I don't understand why my last bill was $80 and my first bill was $90.

If you guys want to track your advertising campaigns, you don't need the referral field, just simply use google analytics in conjunction with utm_ variables in the URL. It's confusing, I was under the impression that the referral field was used for people like me who refer customers. That's how it was with the last hosting company I was with but I'm sure you guys do things much differently.

I just want to be treated fair man, you guys giving away all this free stuff to your current VPS customers and we aren't getting jack.

You should have segmented your customer database and only sent the email to customers that it pertained too. I've provided a nice article that you can pass to your marketing department.

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/...-Segmentation-Matters-in-Email-Marketing.aspx

Derek,

Without looking at your account, (I don't directly handle billing) I can only assume that this was pro-rated billing for the time at which you had both the VPS and SSD service active at the same time for the migration, or perhaps pro-rated to include a few days of a previous month etc, but as I said I can only assume at this point without directly looking at your account.

If you would, please open a ticket with our billing department (billing@knownhost.com) and PM me the ticket number and I will place a note to be personally informed when they investigate your invoices and they can provide you a detailed break down of the charges.

If you guys want to track your advertising campaigns, you don't need the referral field, just simply use google analytics in conjunction with utm_ variables in the URL. It's confusing, I was under the impression that the referral field was used for people like me who refer customers. That's how it was with the last hosting company I was with but I'm sure you guys do things much differently.

I just want to be treated fair man, you guys giving away all this free stuff to your current VPS customers and we aren't getting jack.

Derek,

I do apologize if we gave off an incorrect assumption of how our affiliate program works and I will have that evaluated.

I want to assure you that we want to treat all of our existing customers fairly and apologize that you feel left out as that is not our intention. The decision was made the way it was due to the fact that our SSD plans were already well above market standards but our VPS plans were not, thus we use the Christmas upgrades to ensure that all of our plans remain competitive throughout the following year.

I will pass that information along to our marketing department so we can review our current marketing procedures.

Derek,

I do apologize if we gave off an incorrect assumption of how our affiliate program works and I will have that evaluated.

I want to assure you that we want to treat all of our existing customers fairly and apologize that you feel left out as that is not our intention. The decision was made the way it was due to the fact that our SSD plans were already well above market standards but our VPS plans were not, thus we use the Christmas upgrades to ensure that all of our plans remain competitive throughout the following year.

I will pass that information along to our marketing department so we can review our current marketing procedures.

Thanks Daniel,

I still love you guys either way. Just venting!

Derek,

No worries, I understand how it can be sometimes :)

By all means our job is to do our best to make your job as easy as possible, so if at any time you have a question or concern about something feel free to shoot us a ticket and we'll do our best to address it. Or a forum post works too :)