100 Mbps limit on unmanaged KVM Cloud ??

The German

Looks like all other packages have the option for 1 Gbps, and according to support, the unmanaged KVM is limited to 100 Mbps?? That makes taking backup a real pain in the behind. What is the reason for this limitation??

The limit is supposed to be 200 so we'll get that fixed at least.

The only product line with a 1Gbps limit is dedicated servers - everything else is 200Mbps.

The entire cloud infrastructure is built to support higher limits but we have not started offering them yet.

ok. I thought I have seen 1 Gbps a while ago as an option even on the standard VMs. Do you plan on extending the bandwidth at some point? Nowadays, even 200 Mbit is not a lot, especially looking at home internet connections getting more and more standardized between 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps...

ok. I thought I have seen 1 Gbps a while ago as an option even on the standard VMs. Do you plan on extending the bandwidth at some point? Nowadays, even 200 Mbit is not a lot, especially looking at home internet connections getting more and more standardized between 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps...

Likely at some point in the future. We've not solidified any plans surrounding it yet.

While yes many home internet connections are getting much faster, few actually have the quality routes necessary to get 1Gbps (or even 500Mbps) from most single-server sites/services such as a VPS/dedi. We mitigate as much of that as possible by using route optimization in our facilities to (at least on the return routes from us) use quality-based routing and not cost-based routing (like residential ISPs tend to do). It's easy to get good results from places like speedtest.net or Netflix's fast.com, etc. because services like this either use providers very likely to have good routes to you by being geographically close with many CDN POPs, or they are large enough that many large ISPs have direct caching servers within or peering agreements with those ISPs or things of that nature. Ex https://openconnect.netflix.com/en/

Your port should be fixed at 200Mbps now :)