Website and Email Migration

I'm currently a reseller with a shared hosting provider. I now host 33 sites using cPanel & WHM and have some questions about the site migration for a Managed VPS account.

- Would all email accounts and all mail be migrated over automatically (maintaining all passwords, forwarders, etc.)?

- For those using desktop mail clients, would the server settings change (currently: mail.theirdomain.com, username is full email address)?

- All of the sites that I host use a white labeled personalized nameserver (ns1 & ns2.mydomain.com). I'm wondering how that will affect the migration. Will I be able to move over a few websites at a time to ensure that I won't be inundated with support issues from my clients if something goes wrong?

- Can the migration take place over the weekend?

Thanks so much!
Leslye.

Hi Leslye,

- Would all email accounts and all mail be migrated over automatically (maintaining all passwords, forwarders, etc.)?

As long as you'll select cPanel/WHM control panel for your VPS and full account backup functionality is available on the source system our support team will be able to assist with accounts migration and yes, all the items you've mentioned will be covered by cPanel's backup/restore functionality.

- For those using desktop mail clients, would the server settings change (currently: mail.theirdomain.com, username is full email address)?

This will remain the same.

- All of the sites that I host use a white labeled personalized nameserver (ns1 & ns2.mydomain.com). I'm wondering how that will affect the migration. Will I be able to move over a few websites at a time to ensure that I won't be inundated with support issues from my clients if something goes wrong?

If you'd like to continue to use ns1/ns2.domain.com nameservers then all accounts that use these nameserver names will be switched to the new system. The only way to switch DNS on per account basis would be to use different nameserver names (i.e. ns3/ns4.domain.com, etc) but this will require domain owners to adjust nameserver configuration for their domains.

- Can the migration take place over the weekend?

Sure, our support team is available 24x7 and can take care of data migration at any time.

Regards,
Paul

We just about 2 or 3 hours ago signed up for the home account. How soon will we get the login instructions so we can start using the email?

Hello,

Please email sales(at)knownhost.com and we can confirm your order for you. This way we know who we are actually talking to.

Thanks,
Joel

Dont worry - I read your why us pages more thoroughly and found the answer. Yay free site migration... now where do I sign up?

Dont worry - I read your why us pages more thoroughly and found the answer. Yay free site migration... now where do I sign up?

As long as the control panel is the same we will migrate all your data. To signup you just place the order on our website. Which hosting are you interested in?