CP Plesk Memory usage

K24

Hello all..!

Tried looking throught most the old posts about the memory issue, but still no joy.
Not sure why but my sites not even active yet online and the Memory usage displays this:

93.6 MB of 128.0 MB used; 34.4 MB available

Ive checked the spam settings suggested in previous posts, is their anything else I should keep a look out for to decrease it?

cause If its that high and my sites not even online, i dred to think how it would be later on:confused:

btw im loving that control panel, its like something outta star trek, beats using shared hosting cp..! :rolleyes:

Sorry if you looked at this already http://forums.knownhost.com/showthread.php?t=361 but I think looking at or pasting the output from the top and ps as described in that thread will make it easier to track down the possible causes of high memory usage

Thanks, had a read through.. So bascially each time a new domain is added and teh resources are set for that, it builds up more usage (kinda like behind the scenes scripts) for each allocation...

I'm not a Plesk user but that's not necessarily how it works because pages being served are not kept in memory. If you have large databases and huge PHP scripts then it will probably increase but otherwise not by much.

128MB is not much no matter how you look at it. I'd say look for services and things that are running that you do not need and disable them (spamassassin and clamav are huge ones).

I'm not a Plesk user but that's not necessarily how it works because pages being served are not kept in memory. If you have large databases and huge PHP scripts then it will probably increase but otherwise not by much.

128MB is not much no matter how you look at it. I'd say look for services and things that are running that you do not need and disable them (spamassassin and clamav are huge ones).

Thats what I thought when I saw current usage....:confused: If its displaying 70mb now, soon as my forums up and running with all the other stuff, it would just rocket.

Ive noticed the difference though, the pages just load mega quick compared to me old host, no lagging, no freezing..

Some of the domains Ive set up, wont be using php admin...is it possible to untick them boxes? was trying to look for that set up bit again but cant remeber what its under...I remeber when I clicked 'add domain' it had a whole list of options with tick boxes..

Since you are using the VPS M (128 RAM) please keep in mind we do recommend the VPS L or larger since Plesk does use a decent amount of RAM out of the box. If you start having memory errors please consider adding some RAM to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Joel

Since you are using the VPS M (128 RAM) please keep in mind we do recommend the VPS L or larger since Plesk does use a decent amount of RAM out of the box. If you start having memory errors please consider adding some RAM to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Joel

(just read this now)
Is it possible to just add more RAM? without moving to the VPS L? forums working now, but ive noticed that it wont be enough memory at all when visitors pop along to the site, Ive made support ticket just few mins ago (instead of retyping it all)

(just read this now)
Is it possible to just add more RAM? without moving to the VPS L? forums working now, but ive noticed that it wont be enough memory at all when visitors pop along to the site, Ive made support ticket just few mins ago (instead of retyping it all)