Multiple Reciepent Forwarder

bogey9000

SHADO Operative
Hello,

I have a vps using whm/cpanel. I would like to know if there is an easier way to setup forwarders with multiple reciepents other than creating an entry for each destination address.

Essentially a client wants to setup groups for different locations in their company. Each location has 10 or so email addresses which would translate out to about 40 or so individual forwarders.

I know in the past I could separate the reciepents by using a comma but this varies by control panel and cpanel only allows one email address per forwarder. Am I missing something?

I'd also like to be able to email every account in a domain, is there an easy to do this?

Thanks in advance, I've been lurking for months and have found many helpful posts in this forum.

Mike

Hello bogey9000,

I have a vps using whm/cpanel. I would like to know if there is an easier way to setup forwarders with multiple reciepents other than creating an entry for each destination address.

Essentially a client wants to setup groups for different locations in their company. Each location has 10 or so email addresses which would translate out to about 40 or so individual forwarders.

I know in the past I could separate the reciepents by using a comma but this varies by control panel and cpanel only allows one email address per forwarder. Am I missing something?

Nope, so far as I have been able to discern you create another forwarder for each additional email address. Might be a couple of ways around it though. One could be setting up mailing lists using mailman or something. And another would be to simply set up groups in their email client, this is what I think would be the easiest to maintain for them anyways.

I'd also like to be able to email every account in a domain, is there an easy to do this?

In WHM under Account Functions there is Email All Users and in the dialog box there is a check box to email the reseller's customers. Unfortunately I think this would email all users on ALL domains not just one. You could set up dummy reseller accounts and assign that domain to them as a work around. That's all that I am aware of to be able to do this.

Sorry there aren't any perfect answers!

...and cpanel only allows one email address per forwarder. Am I missing something?

This changes, seemingly randomly in different cPanel updates. You can currently use commas between addresses in one line. cPanel will automatically create an individual forwarder for each address you have listed. It's still a mess, in that one forwarder is created for each address, but at least you can input them all on one line.

My guess would be to forward the mail to a program which in turn forwards it to your list of recipients. That will be an exercise for the reader.