MYSQL questions...

U

Unregistered

Is there a quota for their size? If there is and we go over, do they count against disk space?

Does that answer differ between web hosting and VPS hosting?

I have a small forum, but would allow it to grow without worrying about near upgrades or moving providers. Thanks!

few more questions...

If I exceed a limit... lets say bandwidth or RAM, am I billed extra or is access shut off?

Do I need to alert someone if the site crashes or is it monitored?

I heard that a VPS might cut off service in the advent of reaching a quota but I'd rather not have any service interruptions. Thanks again.

And, can someone explain this:

"Fully managed service is included with VPS accounts that have a control panel installed. VPS accounts with webmin or no control panel are self managed."

What would constitute as "Fully managed service"? Installations and updates?

Is there a quota for their size? If there is and we go over, do they count against disk space?

Does that answer differ between web hosting and VPS hosting?

I have a small forum, but would allow it to grow without worrying about near upgrades or moving providers. Thanks!
I can't speak for web hosting, although there's no quota for VPS hosting. And yes, they would count against disk space (they would in all hosts :))

If I exceed a limit... lets say bandwidth or RAM, am I billed extra or is access shut off?

Do I need to alert someone if the site crashes or is it monitored?

I heard that a VPS might cut off service in the advent of reaching a quota but I'd rather not have any service interruptions. Thanks again.

Bandwidth Overage
$1.00/GB

You cannot exceed RAM - services would simply shut themselves off if there isn't enough memory.

The actual server would be monitored, although obviously if (say) MySQL crashed just on your VPS, KnownHost wouldn't know about it. You'd then need to create a support ticket.

And, can someone explain this:

"Fully managed service is included with VPS accounts that have a control panel installed. VPS accounts with webmin or no control panel are self managed."

What would constitute as "Fully managed service"? Installations and updates?
http://knownhost.com/services/managed-support.html

I'm focusing on the RESELLER plan:

Do MYSQL db's have a quota or does it count against the disk quota? If so, how many MB?
What is the max number of simultaneous MYSQL user connections?

Also, any members with forums I can compare speed/loads with?

Thanks for the answers!

It counts against the disk quota. I'm pretty certain there is no size limit per MySQL database, as exists on some hosts.

Connections? I have no idea.

I don't want to post any clients' forums here publically, but if you register an account here, I'd be happy to PM you or email you. It's on a VPS though, and not a reseller account.

What is the max number of simultaneous MYSQL user connections?

A member of sales should respond to you here about that but even better submit a ticket to sales.

Reseller accounts do not provide such seamless growth as say VPS's. If your looking for the ability to grow you want a VPS(which can be dynamically upgraded).

It's on a VPS though, and not a reseller account.

Big distinction, because on VPS's you have isolated resources. On a reseller account it can fluctuate.

We don't have limits on Reseller plans but we recommend a VPS so you can easily upgrade as you need. Reseller plan to VPS upgrades require a new buold and new IP's.

Thanks,
Joel

Big distinction, because on VPS's you have isolated resources. On a reseller account it can fluctuate.

Of course. If he's the same guy as the other thread though, I thought he was debating between a reseller and VPS account, and wanted to see how fast the forums loaded on the VPSs. Who knows... ha ha!