Ftp

urbantoy

Hi

I'm trying to create an FTP and it has 4 options:

Domain:Ftp account with the root directory in the domains home directory (one up from the public_html) Ftp:Ftp account with the root directory in the domains public_ftp directory User:Ftp account with the root directory as the users name in the public_html directory Custom:Which one Should I pick thats secure and standard?

It will really depend on what you want the account to be used for...

If it is to upload public webpages (i.e., for a webmaster), then use Custom: and set the home directory to public_html

If it is just to upload files to share via the internet (files would be located at http://domain.com/user), use User:

If it is just to upload files to share via FTP only, use Ftp:

If it is for an admin that you want to have access to everything, use Domain:

At least that is how I'm reading it.

I want to upload the site that I have created. So, If I choose custom, then the path will the home/public_html ?

I want to upload the site that I have created. So, If I choose custom, then the path will the home/public_html ?

If you choose custom, it should say something like

/home/username

by default

Change that to

/home/username/public_html

That will limit that account to the public_html directory for uploading web pages.

Sorry guys not a DA user here but this threw me off a bit

As I see that you have already created an account and domain. DA doesn't create an FTP user for your domain at that point?

Sorry guys not a DA user here but this threw me off a bit

As I see that you have already created an account and domain. DA doesn't create an FTP user for your domain at that point?

Yes it does...

It has the same username password as the main account. It has access to /home which includes /public_html.

I was reading in to the request thinking that the OP wanted a more limited account for uploading web pages only.

It has the same username password as the main account. It has access to /home which includes /public_html.

Got it :D

Almost sounded like it didn't create that so I wanted to check was all

Thanks BAlGaInTl