SSL cert for imap & smtp?

Jerret

Hi folks, I current use imap w/SSL over 993 and smtp w/SSL over 465 and have a little problem connecting via my mail client. Even though I have a dedicated IP for this domain with a SSL cert installed it appears that the mail servers does not recognize the incoming IP and always return the same (default) cert for all domains.

Has anyone worked around this already? I'm sure I can change the default certs for the mail server, it just seems kind of lame.

Thanks,
Jerret

Hi Jerret,

Is your mail client connecting to mail.domain.com? I would assume your custom SSL certificate is for domain.com so that might explain why you still get the default certificate warning. Try having your client connect to domain.com and see if that clears it up.

The current release build of WHM provides an interface for specifying these certificates under "Manage Service SSL Certificates." If you're using an earlier version then it is necessary to adjust the Exim and Courier configuration files directly.

The current release build of WHM provides an interface for specifying these certificates under "Manage Service SSL Certificates." If you're using an earlier version then it is necessary to adjust the Exim and Courier configuration files directly.

Thanks, this worked well. I hope we'll have the ability to associate multiple certs for each service (one per domain) in the future. For now, this will have to do.

Thanks again,
Jerret

Thanks, this worked well. I hope we'll have the ability to associate multiple certs for each service (one per domain) in the future. For now, this will have to do.

Thanks again,
Jerret

MTAs aren't really made to support name-based virtual hosts.