Preferred Backup Method if backing up daily

boobear

Please offer me a little guidance to get started here.

If I want to backup my server daily, do I do that in WHM? Or via cpanel for each domain individually? I'm a bit lost as to where to start.

I read somehwere in the forum that support backs up the servers every OTHER day. Is that correct? If so, I'm not sure what that means in terms of our ability to restore data to our own servers. Any guidance appreciated here too.

It really all depends on what you need to backup. If it's just your users' home folders and databases, cPanel can work fine. If it's something else, you'll have to do a bit more work.

I read somehwere in the forum that support backs up the servers every OTHER day. Is that correct? If so, I'm not sure what that means in terms of our ability to restore data to our own servers. Any guidance appreciated here too.

KH performs a full backup of your entire VPS every other day to remote servers. You can restore your entire VPS to a previous state by simply logging into your VZPP. Otherwise you can e-mail KH support and in many instances they can extract a certain folder/file that you need from backup.

With that said, as stated in the Terms Of Service these backups are not guaranteed so you should backup on your own as well either via cpanel/whm or a custom script to your own systems for your own piece of mind.

What I do is the following: I obviously have KH backing up my entire VPS but I also run the plesk backup script every night via cron. Then I transfer this file via rsync by cron to bqbackup.com, a great backup space.