How Knownhost maintain such a wonderful uptime?

stormrider

Hello,

I have been monitoring 15 VPS that i have on Knownhost with host-tracker.com ( 5 min. interval ). In 23 days the uptime is still 100%!!!

I'm wondering how do they maintain this wonderful uptime? I mean, when i take a look at www.webhostingtalk.com there are always people having problems with their VPS provider but none of them are related to Knownhost.

Knownhost, keep up the good work! You are the best webhosting company ever!

I don't mean to trivialize the exemplary work of the Knownhost staff here, but look at the competition one typically finds on WHT. 100% uptime is obviously impossible to maintain in the long run, but I'm convinced a well-trained parrot could come closer to it than any JaguarPC employee ;)

After my experiences with Site5 I had sworn off of jumping on any more WHT popularity bandwagons, but I'm glad I found KH somewhere in there quietly making a difference at incredibly modest prices. I don't think I've ever had any downtime that I didn't cause myself over the past year or so, and only a couple of minor issues that warranted a support ticket.

You have to remember that the monitoring interval is once every 5 minutes, so it's likely it doesn't usually pick up anything but extended downtime. I would prefer if hosts chose 1 minute intervals for tests (if they could afford it). Seems more honest.

You have to remember that the monitoring interval is once every 5 minutes, so it's likely it doesn't usually pick up anything but extended downtime. I would prefer if hosts chose 1 minute intervals for tests (if they could afford it). Seems more honest.

In my case almost all the sites that i host are not critical. So any quick downtime ( less than 5 minutes ) isn't a big problem.

khiltd,

I know that is impossible to maintain 100% uptime even on clustered systems. I just told that because that's really impressive to me ( specially because of my other hosts experiences :rolleyes: ).

I have to say, I really feel lucky to find KH! the VPS I have with KH runs better than the dedicate server I used to have with a Canadian company! :D